More Engine Noise... | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

More Engine Noise...

Oh boy that dont sound good at all. i have a 06 eb 4.0 l and it is the same noise as mine is making.

I just dropped it off at dealer for monday appoinment, Was told by service writer they all make that noise, i was kind of mad to hear that from him.
any way i hope yours gets better , and i do not have the problems like you have with a dealer repair shop .

Mine has to be warm and the knocking will start, and either in reverse or drive and foot on brake and slight gas pedel pressed to 800-900 rpms.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had the car looked at again by the dealer and was told that this was "normal" which it isn't. At this point they are probably just saying that so I would leave them alone.

I am going to get the car looked at by someone who has not worked on the car before and see what they say.

I'm getting to a point where I may have to explore legal options...

I will post what find with mine, just hope they get it right. I am all for seeking legal advice.

Keep all information documented and get names and business cards from everyone you talk to about this repair you had done.

Contact the licensing dept. for this shop thru your state and file a complaint with them , and the BBB

Curious George here ... Was this problem ever resolved ?

Yes, it is much better now.

I don't recall

Back