Mountainnergreen's Mounty Buildup Worklog | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mountainnergreen's Mounty Buildup Worklog

man i gotta say that looks awsome! great job keep it up

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Show off!!!! Man I wish you were going to Moab again this year!!!!

We need to hook up and go wheeling around this area sometime, I will even drive to Arkansas. Or give me a call when you do the coilover swap, I will come down for the weekend and help out.

Chad

I really wish I could go, but fuel prices are just too high to make the drive this year for me. I spent so much last year on fuel alone, and if I go again I won't be tent camping, so that's a few hundred more. I'll go in a few more years, I'll just start saving my money now.

I am going to try to go to the Arkansas Crawlers run at the Superlift park in Hot Springs this upcoming weekend, not 100% certain yet though. I'm ready to wheel this thing, it sits more than anything else now :(

C/O swap is in the works, maybe in a few weeks, I've got to get a few other things taken care of and sold first. I'm looking hard for a good deal on some coilovers, I know the ebay ones are the best price I've found, but I'd like some used ones for ~1/2 price.

I came across a pair of Russel's brake lines for a lifted 05 F-150 for $20 :eek: Braided and coated stainless steel lines, brand new.

The fittings are the same threads, so no modifications necessary. They are a tad long, but its not too bad.

IMG_0672_Medium_.JPG

IMG_0671_Medium_.JPG

IMG_0669_Medium_.JPG

Still need to do the other side, but I'll get to that in the next day or two.

Wife's car had issues today, I had to haul it home on a trailer. I picked up the trailer, pulled it with my performance tuned installed. The transmission didn't really like the trailer- it shuddered a little bit at certain speeds.

The trailer was an 18', extra wide especially for hauling vehicles and it had electric brakes.

Got the car loaded up, installed my towing tune. This is about a 3500 lb car, I got it positioned just right, strapped it down and took off.

The towing tune James Henson made is amazing! The ole mounty pulled like a superduty- I could tell the car was back there, but it was no problem. The shifts were spot on and power was amazing. I found myself running nearly 70 without any effort. My trans temp gauge never got over 190 at the pan, even when towing in OD on flat land.

Feb 2009 Update:

I seriously contemplated selling the Mountaineer in an effort to reduce my expenses for a while, even went so far as to post an ad- http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233057

I was able to sell my wife's car instead, but the Mounty has had to return to near stock for her to drive on a daily basis.

So, the lift kit came off this weekend, as did the 285's. It looks a little pathetic as of now, I have shackles on the way, I'll adjust the torsion bars to match when I get them on.

My stock knuckles are long gone, so I got a set of knuckles from an 04 Ranger that got me 1" larger- 12" total diameter rotors. Increased brakes are a good thing with a woman driver :D

As it sits now:

Stock_Medium_.jpg

you gonna sell the kit?

who did it go to? are they on this site?

Well, now Amber will be able to drive it--and you'll feel more secure. It's ironic how after all this time the after pictures look like the before. I'll bet it feels more nimble now huh?

It's certainly different- the 31's and 4.10's make it peppy in town also :D

I forgot to mention- I have no front diffy, driveshaft or CV's. I have "stubs" in the bearings to hold them together. My 4.10 diff with the disconnect won't fit due to oil pan clearance, so when Jon arrives, I'll have a 3.73 to stuff under there. So, I'm strictly 2wd until then.

The Toyo Open Country A/T's are good looking, IMO and quiet to boot. 265/70 16's in case anyone wants to know.

Mehhhh, I hate to see it happen. I guess it's going to a good home though.

Well, the transformation is done- 3.73 LS rear, 3.73 front, Section525 shackles, stock leaf springs, 265/70 R16 Toyo AT's.

Still have the sliders, 4406 and other goodies.

I need to get cracking on the 91 now to have a wheeling rig.

Mine is the only non-lifted rig in the group-

Attachments

• LiftSwapDay 042 (Medium).jpg
    LiftSwapDay 042 (Medium).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 688

where can i get a "mx4" sticker

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back