• Register Today It's free!

Mounting light bar

FatalRepublic

Reaction score
City, State
Harrisburg SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer sport
Ive been trying and trying the last couple of weeks to mount a straight light bar on the roof of my 2002 Ford Explorer sport 2 door and can't figure out any ways just wondering if I should just fess up and get a curved one and where I can find a set of brackets that will fit thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What's the hard part setting a straight line? Snap the line with a chalk line, use a laser level install with rivit nuts just use the gasket or glop some silicone before installing but. If you use a rivit tool buy a good brand stay away from HFT. There junk I know I bought one. Buy an Astro I have a 1442 it does 5mm 6mm 8mm 10mm 1/4-20 and 2 more sae. Came with nuts you supply bolts.

What's the hard part setting a straight line? Snap the line with a chalk line, use a laser level install with rivit nuts just use the gasket or glop some silicone before installing but. If you use a rivit tool buy a good brand stay away from HFT. There junk I know I bought one. Buy an Astro I have a 1442 it does 5mm 6mm 8mm 10mm 1/4-20 and 2 more sae. Came with nuts you supply bolts.
P
I don't not want to drill holes in the roof unless it's for wiring.

I don't know do you have a rain gutter I never saw a explorer sport . If you do can't you attach a long extension foward and then mount the rack to that

I don't know do you have a rain gutter I never saw a explorer sport . If you do can't you attach a long extension foward and then mount the rack to that
Nope it's gutter less and that's why I can't find anything.

I had a gutterless car once and needed roof racks to move. This was 20 years ago . But they clamped by gripping on the roof with a scoop around the seal by the door and a bolt on top for tension. You needed a frame less door . Like my firebird was. The other thing you can do if you just want it as a working unit. And not for show, every time to make a run were you need the light at night. Have your electric connection up by the visor . And just place it on the roof with a mag mount. I secure my ham radio this way it good for 100 mph. And when done you just remove. It keeps those thiefs from removing your light bar when parked somewhere . I know you don't want to drill holes is it because of leaks or looks. Leaks can be sealed, they make gaskets that go behind rivit nuts and simi permit is leak proof rivits. Ether 1 peice or with gaskets.

Do they make the mounts that fit in the door jams for 01 or 02 explorers that would work ? I've been looking for them but can't find anything

Back