• Total voters

Explorer46L

Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer "XP8"
So which do you guys prefer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dont know.. not authorized to vote on this

yup..

the mountaineer... or at least one like mine.. cost almost $10k LESS than a limited, and had 90% of the same options.

in 97 ythe mountaineer had a standard 5.0 2wd, awd, 4wd, it was all the same. it came with leather dual power seats, pretyt much all power options, loaded for $32k.. the limited.. with the same options and the climate control was in the 40s.

if you are talking about the NEW mounty/X.. I'd say X.. cos the new mounty IMO is butt ugly. but any older than this years models, I'd say mounty

limited... of course.... they're just so damned cool... and im a total impartial judge here :)

Mounty, only becuse it is so rare to see in Canada, as we can't get them here:(

I dont really care which, as long as it has leather and a V8! :D

I would go for the Explorer Limited. I like them better than the Mountaineer.

I had to vote Mountaineer as that is what I own. I'm glad it did not come with climate control. My wifes Taurus has climate control and I personaly find it to complicated to use.

I'm a Limited fan too, obviously. As for the cost of the Limited, no way it was in the 40's MSRP unless it had some kind of aftermarket work done to it. Mine is a 97, stickered at $35,700 fully loaded with every option the V6 can have except the $600 cellular phone. A fully loaded model V8 with the phone would be around $37k. The Mountaineer fully loaded is around $32k. The Mounty is a closer approximation of the XLT model fully loaded, which Ford cites as what its supposed to be.

When I had my 2000 Mounty, the sticker was $36K (this was for the "Premier"), a little less than the Limited. Basically it was a Limited with EB seats, and without the flairs. Only option it didn't have was the CD changer. I did like the wheels on the Limited better, but the incentives were too good to pass up on the Mounty.

Yeah, in the later years they had the Premier (and something else I can't remember) that was supposed to be a lot like the Limited, but in its original inception (the 97 model) the Mounty was meant as an alternative to the most popular Explorer model, the XLT.

My brother was just recently shopping for a new car\truck
He was getting better deals on a mounty then on an explorer with the same equipment.

Needless to say, he didn’t get it... he got the QX4
:thumbdwn: But hey .. his car ... his money

I like the limited's myself.

with the third generations the limited for sure, i can't stand the new mounty, but i love the limited especially in black.

with the 2nd generation- neither, i prefer the straight sided "plain" look of the xlt for sure (but it needs a few mods to look right). but if your gonna get one of those two definitely the limited, it has a much cooler image and is a better complete styling package.

Originally posted by ChuckyD
Needless to say, he didn’t get it... he got the QX4
:thumbdwn: But hey .. his car ... his money

Personally, I'd rather get a QX4 than an Explorer. I love those QX4's. One of my dad's friends has one and they are very nice. Gotta love them HID's, and the navigational system/Bose system.

Back to subject, I'd get a Limited Explorer.

Limited. My '99 was $32,400 in Dec '98. After my 4-wheeling and the Firestone scare, it's now "priceless". :)

says i'm not authorized to vote, but limited.

Originally posted by Timmy
says i'm not authorized to vote, but limited.

Why are some ppl not authorized to vote here?

Robb

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh and I was going to comment, whoops.

I like the QX4 too, but I'm not so sure I'd buy one over an Explorer Limited. In all honesty, the QX4 is a lot smaller than the Explorer so it really doesn't compete, if you need space, the choice between QX4 and Explorer isn't hard to make.

Back