Mud flaps on ST | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mud flaps on ST

imanony

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I'm contemplating whether to install them or not. I know some of you have installed. Can you share some pics if possible? I want to see how they look like and are they really worth it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't really have any good pics but will say they really don't add or subtract from the looks. They are not something you notice unless you are looking for them. They do noticeably reduce spray on the sides and back. Fitment is perfect. They don't cost an arm and a leg--I believe under $100 total for front and back sets. I like them a lot and would recommend them

Edit: closeup pics added

AFE08AA4-7799-4F62-9AF3-59B9D079CDD9.jpeg

F95788CA-D59E-4107-8692-12E0601298A3.jpeg

Here are the above pictures with the exposure adjusted.

Peter

Clip_5.jpg

Clip_6.jpg

Why this ST doesn't have the ST badge on the back ?? Is it really an ST ?

I have them on mine and I like them. I also added the Vent-Visors as well to mine. I am not home or I would have posted pics of it. I am on a business trip away from my Explorer.

I have them on mine and I like them. I also added the Vent-Visors as well to mine. I am not home or I would have posted pics of it. I am on a business trip away from my Explorer.
Off-topic - Where did you get the Vent-Visors? I am interested to see if they reduce the noise from the passenger window.

I'm contemplating whether to install them or not. I know some of you have installed. Can you share some pics if possible? I want to see how they look like and are they really worth it?
I installed mud flaps on my 2018 Ford Explorer Platinum. Right now, the explorer is at the dealership (battery was dead). Will send pictures later. I think they look great. In addition, the car will look great years from now.

Pictures of ST would be best, but non ST will be ok too. Btw, are there holes to be drilled for ST to install them?

For the rear you remove 4 bolt and then re-insert them to hold the flaps in place. For the fronts you remove 1 nut and use it to hold the flap in place along with 2 clips per side that are included with the flaps. Super easy install and did all 4 corners in about 10 minutes.

For the rear you remove 4 bolt and then re-insert them to hold the flaps in place. For the fronts you remove 1 nut and use it to hold the flap in place along with 2 clips per side that are included with the flaps. Super easy install and did all 4 corners in about 10 minutes.
Welcome to the Forum Sean.:wave:
Thank you for that information.

Peter

Back