• Register Today It's free!

Multi-contour seats problem

Todd7446

Reaction score
City, State
Valdosta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 Explorer Platinum
I tried to search and couldn't find anything, so thought I'd ask.

Vehicle is about 9 months old. Recently it has started timing out and turning off the massaging seats after only 1 minute (supposed to be 20 minutes). Anyone heard of this before? Dealer wants me to bring it in and have service manager check settings or "reset" before setting up service appointment. Just curious of others experiences.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Todd. There has been very little posted about these seats and nothing, to my knowledge, about the issue you are describing. I have had mine almost 7 months and haven't even tried them yet. As far as the dealer checking the settings, I'm sure that you can do that as well. Does it turn OFF no matter which massage function is chosen? Not sure what he meant by "reset". Could possible be disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes. That has fixed a few issues before but will also result in stored memory being lost. I'm not sure if a Master Reset would help this issue.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...-disconnecting-negative-battery-cable.427676/

Peter

My module on my driver seat went bad after owning for 3 months. Would not respond to any command to start the massage feature. The module was on back order so had to wait. In the meantime the dealer did reset it, and it worked fine. I still had them replace it when the part came in, just to be safe. A reset may do the trick for you, or the computer module for the seat would solve the issue I'm sure. Best of luck.

My module on my driver seat went bad after owning for 3 months. Would not respond to any command to start the massage feature. The module was on back order so had to wait. In the meantime the dealer did reset it, and it worked fine. I still had them replace it when the part came in, just to be safe. A reset may do the trick for you, or the computer module for the seat would solve the issue I'm sure. Best of luck.
What is the "reset" procedure that has been mentioned twice now??

Dealer did not say exactly other than there is a module just for the seats, and that they hooked it up and reset it. I will try and see if it says anything on my work order and let you know.

The massage function in both of our Multi Contour seats has seen frequent use for the last 7 months, no glitches yet.
Nice to know they can be fixed when they fail.

Back