Multiple suspension noises | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Multiple suspension noises

Ford has authorized buyback for my Explorer. 30 business days out of service to qualify in Missouri.
If you are still interested in a 2019 Expedition, Zeck Ford in Leavenworth has a decent selection remaining. And at some great prices. They were great to work with.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As far as I know there are no conditions placed on a "buy-back". Others have bought different brands.

Peter

As far as I know there are no conditions placed on a "buy-back". Others have bought different brands.

Peter

If my suspension noise issues go that far I will take the money and run. If I could get out of my lease I would do it today. I think Ford will not admit to a problem, but they just keep everyone jumping through hoops !

If my suspension noise issues go that far I will take the money and run. If I could get out of my lease I would do it today. I think Ford will not admit to a problem, but they just keep everyone jumping through hoops !

If they are doing a buyback then they are admitting to a problem.

I am getting a 2019 New Expedition. White limited with max tow. Vehicle being held for me till settlement arrives.

If you are still interested in a 2019 Expedition, Zeck Ford in Leavenworth has a decent selection remaining. And at some great prices. They were great to work with.
Did your 2500.00 rebate work in addition to the 9000.00 rebates Ford is offering ?

Ford has authorized buyback for my Explorer. 30 business days out of service to qualify in Missouri.
Did your 2500.00 rebate work in addition to the 9000.00 rebates Ford is offering ?
The rebates on 2019’s weren’t quite as deep as $9,000 when I bought mine. But yes, the $2,500 was in addition to the other rebates available at the time. None of the existing offers from Ford were canceled out as a result of the $2,500.

The rebates on 2019’s weren’t quite as deep as $9,000 when I bought mine. But yes, the $2,500 was in addition to the other rebates available at the time. None of the existing offers from Ford were canceled out as a result of the $2,500.
Thanks for the quick reply. Which Expedition forum are you on ?

Haven’t joined an Expedition forum just yet. Planning on it soon! If you have a recommendation please let me know.
My new Expedition drives so much better than my 2014 f150 lariat with 35" Nittos. Will be picking it up as soon as the settlement is in. My dealer selling it at their cost. If the rebate goes thru Im very happy. sticker on the Expi is 76.640.00. I should be at 59.000 after rebate.

My new Expedition drives so much better than my 2014 f150 lariat with 35" Nittos. Will be picking it up as soon as the settlement is in. My dealer selling it at their cost. If the rebate goes thru Im very happy. sticker on the Expi is 76.640.00. I should be at 59.000 after rebate.

Ever think about requesting a 0%/72 type of deal as well?

OK, took my ST into dealer today for the seat belt bracket recall, windshield wiper blades , wandering & weaving on the highway AND the suspension noise issue. They gave me a Ford Escape as a loaner ( nice driving without hearing the suspension noise ) . They knew nothing at all about the suspension noise, I gave them a copy of Adam58s repair order and the subframe bolt FIX ! They will do a 4 wheel alignment once they get the new equipment to do the 2020 version Explorer. Wiper blades should be a easy fix as is the bracket recall. We shall see. I will keep you informed.

Picked my car up late this afternoon, seat belt bracket inspected and ok, new wiper blades installed, 4-wheel alignment was done , now to the noise issue, they inspected the under carriage and found nothing wrong visually. They re-torqued all suspension bolts as well as the sub frame bolts. Nothing was loose. I drove the car off the lot and went down a not so smooth side road......NOISE !! I turned around and back to dealer. The Service Manager & Tech took a ride with me and they did notice something. The plan now is , they will send Ford all info on Repair Order as well as the report from Adam58 regarding his bolt issue. I was really hoping that the bolts would fix it, Oh well !!!
As I said , my dealer sent my repair order off to Ford. My dealer calls me today with a reply back from Ford..... " If the customers complaint could be verified when performing road test with the customer then proceed with SSM 48328, which supports using a chassis ear to help isolate source of a suspension system related noise ". Also, " To help support if a normal is common recommend comparing operation to that of a couple of like units ( same model and model year ) operated under the same conditions to see if similar operation is exhibited. If similar operation is expected then no repair attempts should be performed, in this case you could complete and submit a PTS Reports A Vehicle Concern Report ".

So what do you make of this reply !?

My dealer called me today ( Customer Relations Manager ) to set up a appointment to do more checks on my suspension noise issues. They want to do the "chassis ear " checks trying to isolate the noise. Car goes in next Tuesday , 2/11/20. Will be interesting to see what they find or HEAR !! I am also going to see my sales person and arrange a test drive of a new ST off the lot to see how it sounds .

Next to those huge control arms someone on here before mentioned that they will have their dealer change all the rubber bushings or some other support screws, I wonder if the person has an update if it resolved the suspension noise. If not all Explorers have this noise then it could be fixed. Why does not Ford MoTo come out with some kind of a statement about this issue.

I can't recall which member posted that but I'm very sure that anyone who has had it fixed probably can't wait to post here.

Peter

My dealer called me today ( Customer Relations Manager ) to set up a appointment to do more checks on my suspension noise issues. They want to do the "chassis ear " checks trying to isolate the noise. Car goes in next Tuesday , 2/11/20. Will be interesting to see what they find or HEAR !! I am also going to see my sales person and arrange a test drive of a new ST off the lot to see how it sounds .
The chassis ears were used on mine. They were still not able to locate the source of the noise. It can be heard but not located. Good luck.

A friends daughter has a 2020 St that has the problem also. Her dealer could not locate the source either. They used chassis ears also and could hear but not locate the source. Frustrating.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A friends daughter has a 2020 St that has the problem also. Her dealer could not locate the source either. They used chassis ears also and could hear but not locate the source. Frustrating.

So it looks like when I take my car in on Tuesday for the chassis ear checks I have nothing to look forward to ! Just a trip using up my lease miles.

Back