• Register Today It's free!

Mustang Bullitt Rims

racinjason

Reaction score
City, State
South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Limited
This May be in a thread elsewhere but I couldn’t seem to find it. I bout a set of 17x8 mustang bullitt wheels for my mounty. I was wondering what size tires to get. It’s stock height.

A 235 60 17 or 235 65 17 would be very close in rolling diameter to the oem 235 75 15 tires.

Think you'll find the need for 1 - 1.5" spacers for the rims to clear front brakes and control arms. Back spacing is way different between the 'Stang and Mounty rims

Not neccesarily.
I ran 17x9's with 275-60-17's and only had to clearance the upper control arm a tiny bit with a grinder. They barely touched , all I really grinded off was the casting flash. If there is daylight between all is good until the ball joint goes bad.

265's would have been perfect.
They did rub a bit on the control arms at full turn, and you will also need to relocate the rear park brake cable to pull it inboard toward the frame,
Depends on the backspacing. Measure twice and cut once. Might be best to put 2 wheels on the driver side of the truck, find the wheel center line and go from there.

river shot 002.jpg

Mounty 5-16-2006 002.jpg

Back