Mustang + Mailboxes.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mustang + Mailboxes....

Well, my girlfriend has a 01 3.8L manual Mustang and had a "moment" today. She was parking her car and went to hit the brake but hit the clutch instead... so she didn't stop and so a mailbox scratched the exterior a-pillar and the passenger side window with, what looks to be, white paint. Now, I've done some body work in my days, but I don't know exactly what to do. I didn't really take a good look at it cause I was highly p.o.ed about this. It doesn't look too deep - but I think it's too deep to be just putting "touch up" paint on it. The window...couldn't I just use a scrapper and scrape the paint off? Let me know any ideas. I guess if I had to I could grind it to the body, body fill the areas, then paint jus that area. Let me know.

-Drew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Window paint should come right off with blade.
You should really get it to the shop to get it touched up. Do-it-yourself paint job isn't really the best approach to a 3 year old car/paint. Trust me, I know. :-/

Well, she said that she might take it up to the local dealer. I was just reading up on MONMIXs write up on BODY WORK 101 and I have done similar stuff before. I don't find body work too hard. Just time and love ha. Thanks for the advice.

-Drew

ps- atleast it isn't my truck!

Body work is one thing. Getting the right paint job to match the factory is something else.

Not to flame or anything but why were you P.O.ed before when it isn't your truck?
(nevermind if this is too personal :) )

HaHa - I have just tried to rub off on her on how to take care of her mustang like I've done on my explorer. She also just purchased this mustang, and she upgraded greatly from a 86 blazer (which was a real Piece). Anyway, that's a sterotypical girl for ya. She was mad about it too though; calling herself stupid and such. I just kept quiet.

-Drew

yeah agreeing with her being stupid will just get you in the doghouse :D

haha - good thing she doesn't have a link to this website. Thanks for a good laugh guys.

-Drew

I wish I had a girlfriend that could drive a sticker

F14CRAZY said:
I wish I had a girlfriend that could drive a sticker

Me too! haha Just kidding

she learned very quickly. She just hasn't felt comfortable with throwin it down into the lower gear when you are tryin to pass someone, get onto the interstate, or have fun, etc. ha - she think she's going to hurt the engine and doesn't like how it revs real high.

-Drew

I love revving my '92 XL (4 door stick) high. Gotta get all you can out of each gear ya know. 3rd gear is spaced a bit too far from 2nd though. :thumbdwn: I'll stop highjacking this thread now

Back