My '02 XLS is ready for some TLC.

RyanB

Reaction score
City, State
Franklin Grove, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLS
Hello everyone,

My 02 XLS has a list of issues that need addressed. I'm planning on throwing some money into it here in the next few weeks. If anyone has any advice after reading the to do list Id appreciate it!

Suspension:
Needs new struts and springs, front and rear. Struts are blown and drivers rear spring is broken. I'm thinking about going with monroe struts and the Eibach 1.6 drop springs just to take away the roll while turning and get it handling better. Opinions? Are there better struts out there? (I won't put rims on it again. I had 22's and airstruts on it back in '05.)

Radiator:
I have a small leak in the lower corner. I'm thinking ill just buy a new radiator and replace all the hoses.

Bushings and Ball Joints:
Not really sure these need replaced but I might as well do it. Upper arms and sway bar bushings, anything else?

My Explorer has 126,000 miles on it. The body is in good shape. Id like to keep it going as long as possible. I've replaced the plugs and wires, air filter and misc items within the past year. Is there anything else I should do now to keep the ol' girl running strong and efficient?

Back