• Register Today It's free!

My 1995 Aerostar won't start.

lostanut

Reaction score
City, State
MOHAVE VALLEY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 ford aerostar xlt
Hi all i have a 95 Aerostar was driving it when it stated to lose power once i stop it died will not start back up replaced fuel pump fuel filter fuel injector presure gerulator coil cap rotor icm still will not start can keep it running with starting fluid has 45 psi from the fuel pump seam too be not getting fuel to injectors i am at a lost at this time where to go from here please if u can help me out that would be great

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Your thread was renamed. So to sum this up, you hear the fuel pump, checked the fuel pressure, but the injectors aren't opening to allow fuel into the engine. I think that the injectors are spraying from the way you're describing everything but there might be another issue such as a vacuum leak or a binding air control valve. Loosen the two bolts on the air control valve to allow unregulated air to flow into the intake manifold. Start the engine then see if it runs on its own with a high idle.

can keep it running with starting fluid
That means you are getting spark and air. Use a multi meter to check for voltage at each injector. If you have my luck and all 6 injectors just happen to fail at the same time, you can check the injectors by setting the meter to ohm. The impedance for the injectors should be 13-19 ohms.

Check the connection for the bulkhead connector of the injector's wiring harness. There is something called a noid light which plugs into the place where an injector goes. It's a visual indicator to tell if voltage is being applied to the injectors.

no vac leak no didnt get it running yet thinking it may be the ecm do u know where it is located so i can inspect it thank you all for your help

It's under the driver's side of the dashboard very high up. The bulkhead connector is under the hood. I would test the wiring going into the injectors before replacing the computer. Did you try to scan the computer for trouble codes?

unable to scan for code the plug in has been broken will need to get a used one to wire in so i can read codes

Back