My 2001 Sport...soon to be lifted??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2001 Sport...soon to be lifted???

Here's my truck guys. Just a crappy pic I took with my camera phone since I don't have a digital camera. Let me know what you guys think. Oh yeah I think its getting lifted.

-Rich

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I'm gonna have the 3" body lift tommorrow. I can easily pick up the shackles and do the tt. Prolly gonna do the AAL at the same time as the shackles as this seems recommended. I am like 99% ready to lift, however I just bought 18" rims and I am not sure if they will still fit with 33" because of the backspacing. Oh no, I don't have AIM, I have AOL, but am hardly on it, because I have cable modem and just use Mozilla since it is faster and I like it better.

-Rich

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sell the 18's.

SkanlaxJMO said:
sell the 18's.

You always lose your A$$ when you try and sell stuff used. Even though I just bought them someone would try and low ball me and I'd prolly only get half of what I paid for them.

-Rich

can you return them?

No, Special Order.

-Rich

ooo dam that really sux.......18's would be really heavy for a 33
if you did an 18 with a 33 you would want to re-gear....but it might look kinda cool.

Damn man, I just checked your profile. You have the same birthday as me, September 16, only I'm 7 years olders.....that makes me feel old. Yeah I know I will have to regear I guess I have 3.73C.

-Rich

i would say with the 18's to go with a 4.33( i think they have a 4.33 for the D35 and the 8.8) if not then a 4.56 maby even try driving around with the 33's with the 3.73's. Check the sticker on the door jamb for the axle code. It is very possible you have 4.10's in that case the 33's wouldnt be that bad try them out and see if you like it or not.......that is kinda funny abou the birthday thing though.....lol

how much did your lift cost?/ Looks liek a great truck u have! I'm wanting to lift mine so I'm begginig to do a lilttle research thanks for the help!

dtl 2k2 sport said:
how much did your lift cost?/ Looks liek a great truck u have! I'm wanting to lift mine so I'm begginig to do a lilttle research thanks for the help!

my lift was pretty inexpensive, i bought 2 used bodylift kits, a set of autozone shackles, some procomp shocks and torsion twisted the front. I did the work myself. if you have any questions shoot me a PM.

-Rich

nice sport u got there churd

Back