Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

For Sale My 2002 Explorer XLT

Discussion in 'Used Ford Explorer - Ranger and all other Vehicles' started by Oldwolf, May 16, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Active Member

City, State:
    Cary, NC
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 XLT, 4x4, 4.0 SOHC
    I need to sell my 2002 Explorer XLT. I figure this would be a good place to find a new home for it with someone who likes and appreciates them.

You will see in my ad that it is in outstanding condition and that I have spent a considerable amount of money on it over the last 3 years. Rather than restating to you points I make in my ad, I will just give you the Craigslist link.

If you have any questions feel free to call/text/email me.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3046618349.html

Thanks,
    Brad Davis in NC

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Active Member

City, State:
    Cary, NC
    2002 XLT, 4x4, 4.0 SOHC
    Like usual, my Explorer has been parked in the garage for these last two weeks. I don't want to take is outside and get it dirty. Tomorrow I may take it out to get some gas for it and warm up the engine for an oil change, it is due and I have enough Mobil 1 left for it's final oil change, by me at least.

I've had a few contacts, many spam contacts, one low ball offer, but no test drives yet. I am confident that once the first guy sees this vehicle they will like it.

I hope you guys have a nice Memorial Day tomorrow.

4. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Active Member

City, State:
    Cary, NC
    2002 XLT, 4x4, 4.0 SOHC
    Still For Sale

My CL listing is down for awhile plus I will be listing on Ebay soon. Here is a description of my Explorer.

For Sale: 2002 Ford Explorer XLT
    VIN 1FMZU73E32ZA84658
    Interior - Brown Leather
    Exterior -- Estate Green
    4.0L SOHC engine
    Very clean, non-smoker
    Approximately 144,000 miles
    Price $6750 Or Best Offer

Call or text Brad at 919.812.3128

This Explorer is very comfortable on trips with lots of space for children and gear. It has been stored in our garage for the last few years and only used on occasional weekends and short trips.

The interior and exterior are in great condition and very clean. Engine bay looks great. Underneath is very clean too. No rust anywhere on this Explorer. See photos for details.

See more pictures here http://photobucket.com/2002FordExplorer
    This vehicle has been very well maintained:

The 5 speed 5R55W automatic transmission was replaced recently with a Ford Factory Rebuilt unit that still has a full Ford transmission warranty until January 2013.
    All 4 front and rear axle bearings have been replaced with quality TRW parts in the last few thousand miles.
    New front ball joints.
    New rear sway bar joint.
    Tires are in great condition, you won't need new ones anytime soon.
    All oils, engine, transmission, front axle, rear axle, transfer case routinely changed with synthetic lubricants.
    Recent coolant and brake fluid flush.
    New rear window struts.
    Ceramic brake pads.
    And more.

Some Features:
    3rd Row Seating, Folds Down Flat
    Rear AC/Heat
    Leather
    Running Boards
    Class III Hitch, Towing Package
    Luggage Rack
    Alloy Wheels

Performs to high standards: suspension is tight, acceleration is excellent, shifting is smooth, and braking is perfect. Air conditioning and heater work great. 4x4 works perfectly. It's really a joy to drive!

I've used the Class III hitch numerous times to get my children's things to and from college or haul stuff to the dump. The vehicle and suspension track perfectly hauling a loaded trailer.

The radio has a built in 6 CD changer. The changer has not functioned properly and all it needs is an $80 Ford replacement CD changer from Ebay. I don't listen to CD's, so this is one minor project left to do. The radio can be quickly removed and the changer replaced.

I have tried to provide a good written overview of the car with lots of high quality pictures. But if you have questions about anything in particular, please feel free to ask. I will answer to the best of my ability. My goal is to provide you with as much information as possible before you invest the time to look at the car in person.