My 2007 DRZ400SM build

jonlax

Reaction score
City, State
Bensalem, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 xlt
alyssa_s_new_camera_071.jpg

Well here is the bike. Its a 2007 DRZ which just hit 3k this december when i was home on leave. I purchased it off of Ebay in a dire hope to get back into motorcycles. I rode this december like i did not own a car and well it was the best moments of my life other than getting married.

Here is the list of mods:

Yosh RS3 full exhaust
Airbox mod
Pro taper bars
Hand guard mirrors
Some sort of aftermarket hand guards (cant tell)
Aftermarket tail
new sliders

Future mods:

434cc Big bore (coming this spring)
FCR 39mm (coming this spring)
a set of E cams or Hot cams

I have already purchased the big bore and FCR 39MM carb just waiting on returning home to start the work. I plan on painting the plastics OD Green this summer too since the plastics dont look that great. I am just looking for a tad more power which this should do the trick. The main reason i purchased this bike was for realiabilty and transportation. The thing that i am not comfortable with is Jetting. I re jetted my bike when i got it and it runs GREAT but this is an FCR thats going on with a Big bore, full exhaust, and air box mod. Dont even know where to start. With the Big bore and carb i want at least 5 HP out of but have been told i should be in the 10 to 20 area. That should put me at the 55 to 65 HP range. At 285 pounds with a full tank of gas this thing is going to be a little rocket ship. As it is i have already took out sport bikes on the twisties and a 12.9 in the 1/4. Anyway thanks for looking and questions comments and or anything you want to say please say it. Critisim opens minds and since this is my first supermoto it would be great!

Jon

Back