Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

My 2011 Explorer Order Cancelled By Ford Because of 2012

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by JStellato, May 16, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. drumguru1

drumguru1 Active Member

City, State:
    Texas
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2011 Limited
    No typo. rear inflatable seat belts are real. They are only in the 2nd row and they have airbags in them. The added option costs $195. If added it shows up in the options section on the window sticker.

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Randys1

Randys1 Active Member

2011 explorer
    very cool....wow

4. GWA1

GWA1 Active Member

City, State:
    New Castle, DE
    2011 Explorer Limited AWD
    It's an option for second row seating. Congrats and enjoy.

5. Randys1

Randys1 Active Member

2011 explorer
    speaking of 2nd row, my tahoe has bucket seats 2nd row, when you would fold down row 3 and put stuff back there it would slide all the way up to the console by the front row, very annoying

my new exp has 3rd row 50/50 bench and 2nd row 60/40 split bench

which i assume means the entire 3rd row can be folded down and if i leave the 2nd row up there wont be a hole in the seats in the middle for stuff to slide thru

6. davek4

davek4 New Member

City, State:
    Princeton, NJ
    2011 Ford Explorer
    I just ordered a fully loaded Limited on Monday, May 16. Dealer said they are taking 2011 orders for 2 more weeks & vehicle will take about 8 weeks to delivery. I asked about ordering a 2012 & dealer said that would delay delivery from approx mid-July to at least mid-Sept. Also, my trade in (Volvo XC90) would be a year older & probably would by then exceed 70k miles. In fact dealer asked me to "promise" that I would keep mileage under 70k assuming 8 week delivery (currently at 64,500). So it will be interesting to see if Ford comes back & tries to cancel or switch to 2012 MY.

Dave

7. JStellato

JStellato Member

City, State:
    Maine
    2012 Explorer Limited
    I just got done talking with my sales rep, he said ford had cancelled the order, and wanted to change it to a 2012 model year order. I asked him to research the differences in case of any additional features. He got back to me and said the only differences will be with the engine / color, but the new color list will not be available until June 1st.

So my order is apparently now placed for 2012. Or maybe it's being placed on June 1st. He said I will get an order confirmation as soon as they accept it. Here's hoping

8. dco43054

dco43054 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    cmh
    16 XLT
    AFAIK, the information was accurate at the time. Ford could well have changed their production scheduling afterward.

Glad you got what you wanted.

9. jackey

jackey Active Member

City, State:
    CT-shoreline
    '11 Ex XLT Kona Blue
    The change of color is no gold leaf & the replacement color is "gingerale".
    The FWD will have the 4 cyl eco boost option.
    Those are the only differences in the 2012MY.

My guess would be your dealers allocation caused them to be pushed back beyond the date of scheduling for the last of the '11s.

10. Bucho

Bucho New Member

09 LR2
    It's interesting that your Volvo will be 'year' older. When the '12 is available for order, come September all the '11s will be instantly a 'year' older. If anyone wants an 11, the 11 order I cancelled will be here tommorrow lol. I just got a call about it 10 min ago. So tempting.

11. YoPirate

YoPirate New Member

City, State:
    Tacoma, WA
    2011 Explorer 4WD Limited
    Go get it! lol.

12. FordService

FordService Official Ford Rep

City, State:
    Dearborn, MI
    JStellato, I’m glad that your dealer will make sure your order for a 2012MY is submitted. Please let me know when they give you the order information and I will help track it.

Explorer209, I checked your order and saw that it hasn’t been cancelled and because it has been processed and assigned a VIN, you shouldn’t have a problem.

Rocketfan, the changes jackey mentioned are correct. If you have any issues once your Explorer arrives, please let me know!

If anyone is worried, I recommend speaking with the dealer to verify that your order is still in place. Like jrmexplorer said, I can also research your order status if you send a private message with your VIN or order number & dealer name / dealer code.

Cory

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  13. Randys1

Randys1 Active Member

2011 explorer
    not even 24 hours yet, but i am loving mine

it has everything on it and i absolutely love it, i have read those who have issues with mysync, i already had one issue, synced the phone, went to lunch, never took phone out of car, came back and had to sync it again

i am going to try the self parking deal today, that is gonna be cool ;)

14. jevchance

jevchance Member

City, State:
    Grand Rapids, MI
    2000 Mountaineer 5.0
    2014 may end up being a line refresh, Ford has adopted a 3 year refresh cycle. So, you'll probably see a new grill and taillights. :)