My 2016 Explorer Sport - Project Wanderlust | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2016 Explorer Sport - Project Wanderlust

Hey everyone!

I'm finally back from SEMA and just wanted to post some pictures of the finished Explorer. I'll be posting more soon, including interior/stereo shots, but here are a few of it in the Ford Booth at the SEMA Show as well as a few shots taken outdoors. I hope you guys dig it!

Kris

iiAdEgZ.jpg

vF7akBp.jpg

12Qf4F4.jpg

l7i9FMC.jpg

Mzw9l2J.jpg

3W0T2O7.jpg

xmW2i21.jpg

Me20SEd.jpg

EcZ67OR.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very, very nice. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Peter

Love that colour scheme!

Lovely! and that color :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glad we were able to be a part of the build and provide some downpipes and partner with LET on getting you the tune (once SCT has your strategy).

LOOOOOOVE the wheels!!!!
Give us the specs, where to find.
Also the flares cost, vendor.

Hey everyone!

I'm finally back from SEMA and just wanted to post some pictures of the finished Explorer. I'll be posting more soon, including interior/stereo shots, but here are a few of it in the Ford Booth at the SEMA Show as well as a few shots taken outdoors. I hope you guys dig it!

Kris

iiAdEgZ.jpg

vF7akBp.jpg

12Qf4F4.jpg

l7i9FMC.jpg

Mzw9l2J.jpg

3W0T2O7.jpg

xmW2i21.jpg

Me20SEd.jpg

EcZ67OR.jpg

LOOOOOOVE the wheels!!!!
Give us the specs, where to find.
Also the flares cost, vendor.

These wheels are one-offs that I designed and they were cut by Triumph Forged. Thankfully he's got the program and can probably recreate them with ease. These wheels are 24x11. The flares are also one-offs for now, but if I can get enough interest in them, I'd seriously consider making a few production set. I can even offer them in paintable fiberglass or carbon fiber.

Wow, your Explorer is a real visual statement, sweet! So now that SEMA is over, what's next for you/it? I live in Mission Viejo and roll thru Chino Hills sometimes, I'll keep an eye out for you rolling around:thumbsup:

Truth be told, the first step is to put some H&R lowering springs on it so it's drivable. Due to a time crunch we heated the factory springs to get the stance, but it's just barely drivable. With the H&Rs on there it should do fine. Ultimately I plan to put airbags on it to get the stance I want, but before SEMA, it just wasn't in the cards. I plan to daily the car, though I work from home, so it'll still see relatively little street time. The time I do drive it though, I plan to enjoy the hell out of it. :)

These wheels are one-offs that I designed and they were cut by Triumph Forged. Thankfully he's got the program and can probably recreate them with ease. These wheels are 24x11. The flares are also one-offs for now, but if I can get enough interest in them, I'd seriously consider making a few production set. I can even offer them in paintable fiberglass or carbon fiber.

I am seriously interested in the flares! paintable would be a less expensive option vs. carbon fiber but totally interested!

Great work!

Great execution, Kris. I followed you on IG recently and man, This explorer is sick!! Seeing your renderings makes me want to get one of my explorer and my Daily driver truck lol! They say that a rendering is a big aid in motivation. You get to see your finished Product(or atleast what you wanted at the time;) )and I strongly believe it!

I am seriously interested in the flares! paintable would be a less expensive option vs. carbon fiber but totally interested!

Great work!

Thanks! And I'll definitely let you know what happens. Would it be OK to post a thread gauging interest on here, or would I need to be a vendor first?

Great execution, Kris. I followed you on IG recently and man, This explorer is sick!! Seeing your renderings makes me want to get one of my explorer and my Daily driver truck lol! They say that a rendering is a big aid in motivation. You get to see your finished Product(or atleast what you wanted at the time;) )and I strongly believe it!

Thanks for following my page and for the kind words. Renderings are absolutely the best form of motivation on a project. Some people build without them, but I feel that they really help give direction and help you stay focused on the end product as you work. :) Just let me know if I can ever be of service!

Thanks! And I'll definitely let you know what happens. Would it be OK to post a thread gauging interest on here, or would I need to be a vendor first?

Thanks for following my page and for the kind words. Renderings are absolutely the best form of motivation on a project. Some people build without them, but I feel that they really help give direction and help you stay focused on the end product as you work. :) Just let me know if I can ever be of service!

I could have used one for my 68 C10 short bed that I gave up on. I couldn't decide on what I had planned. I just sold it off cause I was exhausted on just trying to figure out what I wanted to do. lol!

I would say that in this case you would have to be a Vendor in order to offer parts for sale as a business. You should contact Rick, the site administrator.

rick@explorerforum.com

Peter

Great work!

I am also interested but don't know if you decide to make them if it can be possible for the Explorer 2011 also.

Please let me know details....

I am interested in the fender flares.

Out of bounds!!!!mwheels are absolutely incredible!!!

Explorer looks really nice. I especially like those flares. As long as they would be priced right, I would be down for a set. How wide of a tire can you fit under them?

Any chance you've made a deal on those flares? Still really interested in those bad boys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any chance you've made a deal on those flares? Still really interested in those bad boys.
Just FYI, that member hasn't been on since May 2, 2016.

Peter

Back