My 5.4L 3v Adrenalin engine swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 5.4L 3v Adrenalin engine swap

Sounds good. I would like to put a 5.4 DOHC supercharged out of a GT500 in mine, I can dream!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We will need pics thru out the process

Congrats, I'm anxious to see how this pans out.

This is going to give these trucks a much needed perf boost. If it goes pretty smooth, and I think it will, I will look seriously at this for my ST.

I hope you do a few perf mods to the 5.4 before you drop it in.

MOST excellent!

Does the 3V have an EGR system? I thought the VVT took care of all of that. Does in the 4.6 at least.

,,,,Another thing I want to look at is the fitment of a supercharger later on, as they do make s/c's for the 5.4 truck. So I'll be examining the underhood dynamics for that as well.
I wonder if a carbon fiber hood is available?

5.4 Engine has arrived! The project is offiically started. It will be awhile before I tackle this, but it's nice to see the engine is sitting in my garage.

Can I call this a picture a "Rear Engine" Adrenalin ? lol

shrinkwrapped.jpg

new54.jpg

glad to see it came and looks in good shape. What are you doing mod wise for the engine.

Internally, the only plans I have are some cams, and valve springs, but I may do more by the time I get to install it. I plan to put a supercharger on it later, so I may end up just rebuilding the bottom end with forged pistons/rods for a good foundation. Problem is, I don't think the trans and rear end will hold excess power like I want it to. So I'll probably keep it under 450 rwhp.

whats the difference from a lightning 5.4 and f150 besides super charger? Buddy owns a lightning and replace motor with a f150 5.4 . (the piston and rod didn't get along with block and decided to make a run for it) He cranking around 450 horses he says with stock internals. If he is doing this i think it would be safe for you to use stock internals.

I used to own a 2002 Lightning. The L has a 2-valve engine, and the new F150 has the 3 valve engine, which is still a modular, but has better head flow and is far more updated to current standards. Since the Sport Trac comes with a 3v 4.6, it's not that much trouble to swap in a 3v 5.4.

(Old post...)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you get your money back? The seller had to know.

Back