my 92 X "personality disorder" | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 92 X "personality disorder"

I have been on here close to a year now and just now getting around to putting my X in the registry. Honestly because I thought you had to be elite to post pics.

Here's my photos when I got it:
SU1HMDAxMTAtMjAxMDEyMjQtMTIxOS5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDAxMDgtMjAxMDEyMjQtMTIxOC5qcGc.jpg

Yes it's filthy, but clean(er) now.
And how it looks now:
CIMG0176.jpg

The door molding no longer exists.
CIMG0178.jpg

My interior now:
CIMG0174.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I worked on it a little this weekend. Warm(er) weather has been slim lately, and since I don't have a garage with room for a vehicle to do work in, (I have one but it is the portable kind and I have no ramps to get my truck into it.)

I did go to the junkyard yesterday to get some A/C stuff, I am doing the upgrade to 134a, so I found a 94 Explorer and pulled the A/C-heater box, and condenser... the compressor was a no-go the 4th bolt wouldn't budge loose, so I went looking for a compressor. After 3 failed attempts I found a 94 Aerostar, raised the hood and found an almost new reman compressor... heck of a steal for $30.

Compressor:
0522_zps83093760.jpg

I am down to the point of tearing off the heads except for one issue... the frickin manifold bolts won't come off nicely, they're attempting to round themselves off, so I quit, and went to go underneath and break the bolts loose at the collector, got one the other is being a PITA, so I gave up before I destroyed something.

Here is some pretty photos of my old intake runners:
Cylinder #4
056_zpsdc61dbc2.jpg

Cylinder #6
055_zps78baa8b7.jpg

Cylinder #3
054_zps0fbdfc22.jpg

Pic of factory intake gasket:
0462_zps0fdbf4da.jpg

Pic of what appears to be factory valve cover gasket:
0472_zps610c53de.jpg

A new sticker I added to the back of my truck:
057_zpsea1e0bbf.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3302492#post3302492

These two threads are pretty much one anymore. I have the 91 stripped and put a good portion of the parts on my 92.

Replaced the starter yesterday, took the starter from the 91. The old one looked factory, but I couldn't find any ford or motorcraft designations. Old one had a black case, and I was hoping to rebuild it but the solenoid plastic shattered on me upon removal.

Mileage: not quite 234k.

I was doing some reminiscing on my first first generation explorer that brought me to this site back in 2010.

Sometimes ya just gotta reflect on old memories.

This truck was crushed a long time ago, but I just had to travel back in time to see how far I have come with my vehicles and mods.

It is fun to reminisce. I kinda did that last night. I found some pictures of my first car and my first Explorer when it was together and some other stuff.

I noticed you had a KY tag. Do you still live in KY? I'm in Covington.

It is fun to reminisce. I kinda did that last night. I found some pictures of my first car and my first Explorer when it was together and some other stuff.

I noticed you had a KY tag. Do you still live in KY? I'm in Covington.

No, I was stationed at Fort Campbell KY at the time, but I’m presently not too far away from there in SE Missouri.

Awesome, I did a civil air patrol summer encampment at Fort Campbell. Years ago, probably 2000 or so?

In case anyone missed my front personalized tag here it is:
SU1HMDAxMDktMjAxMDEyMjQtMTIxOS5qcGc.jpg

If there is any question as to what my tag implies here's the sticker on the back to help you out:
SU1HMDAwOTEtMjAxMDEyMjMtMTE0OC5qcGc.jpg

This particular 10th Mountain is from Ft. Drum, NY (there is also a brigade in Ft. Polk, LA)
BCT stands for Brigade Combat Team

Where were you stationed in Iraq for that time. I Believe my Brigade releaved you all in 2006. I was in 4ID 1-66 BCT. We came into Taji. I think :-( Been a little while. I was then part of 10th in 2007 to 2009 For the first part of the 2nd time I was out there. The 10th I was part of was out of Ft Plok. I was still in 4ID 1-66. Yes it was that fast of a turn around. Thank you sir for your Service.

Where were you stationed in Iraq for that time. I Believe my Brigade releaved you all in 2006. I was in 4ID 1-66 BCT. We came into Taji. I think :-( Been a little while. I was then part of 10th in 2007 to 2009 For the first part of the 2nd time I was out there. The 10th I was part of was out of Ft Plok. I was still in 4ID 1-66. Yes it was that fast of a turn around. Thank you sir for your Service.

Camp Liberty/ Baghdad, I never went back after that rotation due to a back injury. I was actually stationed at Fort Drum for four years.
I went on a humanitarian deployment to Haiti in 2010, and medically retired in 2013 (thanks to Iraq).

Thanks for your service brother.

Back