my 93 limited 4x4 5speed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 93 limited 4x4 5speed

Here it is, has some great mods. I take no credit for any of the mods done on this vehicle. The guys i got it from are basically the Messiahs of Explorers. Im lucky enough to live real close to them and help them out occasionally. Im sure some of you will recognize this truck, and know who im talking about.

Ever since they brought this truck home i had been drooling over it. Not sure why but i immediately fell in love with it.

Anyways tell me what yall think. I have a 2" skyjacker lift ordered, aals came in today actually. Just waiting on the springs.

My plan is to have a few more mods done by May so i can go to Moab.

P.S. I know some of you are going to ask, but the truck has 31s on it and no lift in the pics. Fenders are cut, again i take no credit.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Grate Explorer you got.

My first plan was a small lift and 32's.. well.. that was my first paln :D

Grate Explorer you got.

My first plan was a small lift and 32's.. well.. that was my first paln :D

Hey thanks!

I wanna keep this one a good daily driver. From what i seen a small lift and 31s is pretty capable!

Nice. I wish mine was a limited.

Wait... Doesn't everybody own a white Limited 5spd?

1424394601_zpsa5a38e6d.jpg

5 speed limited!!! NO WAY LOL

nice ride. My lift came in today, ill try to put it on this weekend.

Sadly no. And these things are so hard to find anymore in the rust belt you can't even find any to snag the bumper, grill, and trim from to dress up the xlt. Now I wish 10 years ago when I saw 1 or 2 limited first gens every time I went to the yard I would have taken some stuff in case I ever owned one lol.

I have a 94' limited myself. There are still some in the junkyards around me sometimes. I know of one right now if you need any parts.

Im in Texas and this Truck came from Oklahoma. It does have some rust. But they do make replacement Dog legs, and i am pretty handy with a welder. I may do that one day, but for now its getting a lift and a few other things to be ready for Moab in May. The only "parts" im looking for would be a WAAG grill guard, but i hear those are basically non existant.

Also needs a new headliner and sunroof cover, but thats all down the road. For now she is a great Daily Driver, cruises at 70mph no problem.

Sadly no. And these things are so hard to find anymore in the rust belt you can't even find any to snag the bumper, grill, and trim from to dress up the xlt. Now I wish 10 years ago when I saw 1 or 2 limited first gens every time I went to the yard I would have taken some stuff in case I ever owned one lol.

What are you looking for?

Every time I find a limited I try to get something.

And here i thought my GREEN limited 5 speed was a rare find!!! I do like the look of white though.

Took it to the coast, runs great. I actually got 16.5mpg doing 75-80 down to the coast. Just changed the oil and cleaned the MAF. Waiting to get my front driveshaft installed, so i can go do some offroading. Does anyone have any recommendations for better fog light bulbs? These things are terribly dim.

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

Nice looking truck. I have a 92. Once I get pics I will post mine up.

Does anyone have any recommendations for better fog light bulbs? These things are terribly dim.

I might have an answer for you but I need a few more pieces to be sure. I wouldn't want to mislead you. I'm still in the working stages of piecing stuff together.

I might have an answer for you but I need a few more pieces to be sure. I wouldn't want to mislead you. I'm still in the working stages of piecing stuff together.

Thats cool, hope ya figure it out! Mine isnt a DD so i dont mind to much. I can still see plenty at night.

Went wheeling yesterday. 60 miles there, 40 miles wheeling, and 60 miles back home. 5 miles from my house the drive side window stopped working LMAO, so i have to look into that. Besides that it did great, even went down a level 4 trail. It scraped and bumped but only crunched the tail pipe, skid plates did there job. I was very impressed what a stock explorer could do. I followed some jeepers for a bit as well, had no problem keeping up.

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

The picture of just the trail was a level 4 that i had to go down, it really sucked LMAO.
Yes that is a rattlesnake as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well that was easy, one touch module just came unplugged from the window. So i fixed that. Blower fan made a odd smell yesterday while wheeling, so i pulled that apart and cleaned it just to be sure nothing was shorting it out.

Yanked off that ugly fire hazard insulation on the hood and all is well! I really am enjoying this thing. Next trip is Big Bend National Park. I do want to fab a rear bumper and tire mount before then though and install my 2" lift.

DSC_0200.jpg

Back