Completed Project - My 98 super charged EX | Page 66 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Completed Project My 98 super charged EX

Use this prefix for completed projects that are not "How to" articles or threads asking for help.
1998 Explorer 4.0 SOHC
Bought it with a melted alternator/wiring harness from a junkyard for $1,000
Fixed it, drove it for two weeks, then I boosted it.
Started with an M90 supercharger kit from www.Bansheesuperchargerkit.com
Upgraded to an M112 Lightning supercharger that was a prototype kit.
Next was the M122 off a 2012 GT500
I have reached 20 lbs of boost (with ARP head studs) and a 12.83 in a quarter mile.

Pictures
1. How it looked when I brought it home.
2.The M90 supercharger installed
3.The GT500 supercharger installed
4.How it looks now
5.Wheelie
green ex.jpg
DSC02710.JPG
5.JPG
Lowered Rear.jpg
Exploder wheelie.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ahodges thanks for posting that picture, I love that Moser 9 inch and one day may copy that.

Centaurus5.0, any idea what size those tires are on those jeeps? Is either one your by the way?
I really like the SRT8 Jeeps, If I had real money I would buy one and race the sh*t out of it.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

You'd need 20's to fit drag radials that are close to stock diameter. 275/40-20 is about all that is available to fit (maybe) in the fender wells. 28.7x10.8.

Perhaps 275/60-15's on stock wheels instead?

Me too. But I find it cheaper to live though other people than getting one myself. :shifty:

Anyway, back to those polished 20's..

Isn't there a decent tire in the range of a 275/60/17 size? I recall that size being used for drag racing with street tires in the late 90's.

Naw, 275/40 or 245/45 on 17's. Knew a guy with a 95 cobra (sn95) who fit 315's on the back with 11" torque thrusts wheels and no spacers but you have to massage the fenders just to use a 275/60-15 on a foxbody.

I would like to see what the r71's look like in a 15" or 16" with oem size tires.. they probably look pretty good!

Today I changed the oil in preparation for the next track day I get.
I will be testing out Boostane Premium to see if I can get any more timing advance with it.
Still have a few more things to do to get the Nitrous ready for testing, hope to test that on Black Friday at Atco Raceways all day event !

I am trying to update my Advantage3 software.
It worked on my windows 7 computer but not on my windows 10 or my truck PC which is using XP.
The problem is I have no agree or accept button in the eula after updating the software.
So there are no buttons at all and all I can do is hit enter and the page closes and Advantage3 doesn't open.

I sent SCT an email for help and posted on their forum.

I had an issue with the Advantage software and Win10.
It turned out to be a rights issue in the program files (x86)\SCT folder. I'm trying to re-create where for you and do a screen shot, but I can't see it now.

Under 'advanced properties' do you see anywhere that you can change the folder properties (security tab) to give 'Everyone' full rights?

Maybe I lost my security tab in an update? Anyway, I'm still looking.

edit: Look at this, and try it. Do you have a security tab?
Administartor rights lost in program file and program files x86

upload_2018-10-13_19-0-30.png

If you don't have the security tab (I didn't, must have happened after an update), Do this. It worked for me.
Follow the below steps and check if that helps:

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor by typing gpedit.msc in the search bar and press enter.
2. In the left pane, click on User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and Windows Explorer.
3. In the right pane, right click on Remove Security tab and click on Properties.
4. To Restore the Security Tab and Details tab -
Select (dot) Disabled or Not Configured and click on OK.

Windows can be painful.

My Security tab was not missing.
I set all things to full and still no accept/agree button in the eula
I have another computer that is windows 7 laptop, going to try to install Advantage3 on that computer and see what happens.

I just figured out one of my computers.

I changed the screen orientation to portrait and was able to get my windows 10 eula agree button to show up, then switched back to landscape.
I noticed that my windows 10 computer settings say something about 125%, I think it is font size.
Also my windows XP computer which is a car PC with small touch screen in the sun visor, has had the screen settings changed so I can see better since it is a 6 inch screen.
I will try changing the settings on that one later today when the sun comes out.

On my XP computer in my truck, I changed screen resolution and was able to click the agree button and get advantage3 working again.
I guess I have both of these two computers set up to be able to see small fonts better, and that causes problems viewing the agree button in advantage3's eula.

This Friday if the weather permits, I plan to go to the track for a little test and tune, it sure would be nice to have a dry day!

So after getting to the track on Friday night, I have the results from testing the Boostane(Premium).

Results:
4 degrees more timing, even with 4 degrees higher IATs.

So this was 2 cans ($50.00) and a full 17.5 gallon tank of 93 octane.
The spots I measured in the datalogs were mostly at the top of each gear (3rd and 4th) where the PCM pulled timing,
I compared them to the datalogs right after removing about 2 degree's (where no timing was pulled).

I would have liked to have been able to try adding timing in each rpm cell in the timing area of the tune,
to see if any could have been added at different spots where there had been no signs of detonation before.
This would have allowed me to have a finished or optimized "timing curve" for lack of better words.

Really wish I would have been able to run more than 4 times, LOL.

Thank you.
I wanted to do something to show a little more about the truck.
Hopefully I will get a chance to make more videos, kind of like this.
Then again what I really want is videos of it going faster than 12.80's LOL.

Made it back to the track for the first time this year (2019).

I think this is my favorite video of my truck so far.

I sure want to see a pass with the Nitrous. Hopefully you find the leak and the fix is quick and easy.

Any thoughts on your next track visit?

Back