• Register Today It's free!

My 99 explorer is gone

mydland89

Reaction score
City, State
Hornell, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Black 5.0 AWD XLT
The ol' girl took it's last ride last tuesday night.....I fell asleep and it hit a tree head on, and bounced off another tree, and rolled then went into a creek ending up on it's side......that's the bad news....well there are a couple of legal bad news things but nevertheless that will be okay....

GOod news, I survived the horrific crash with just bruised ribs, and a sore left leg, and some abrasions to the back of my head (flying glass)...

The cop that was on the scene said "when we saw your truck we thought that you were dead"......

thanks to the toughness of the ford ex, I am alive today to make this post and probably going to get another one because I feel some kind of allegiance to Ford for possibly saving my life....the insurance guy was surprised that I lived through it too!!...well the upshot of this terrible thing is that no one else got hurt thank god, and now I can buy the black 302 ex that I wanted in the first place......too bad though I almost had that blue one paid off.......

I may get some pics later today
peace,
Murph

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, glad your all right. Sounds like a pretty bad crash.

Yeah glad to hear your alright, Gd Lck ;)

Glad to hear you're alrite and sticking with the Explorer family. Sounds like there are some bad pics of the Explorer on the way :(. Good luck with the new one, you'll love the 302.

Bummer, sounds like a bad crash. Good thing you slept through it. ;)

Yikes! The most important thing is that you are OK- you can always replace explorers. ;)
After reading about the accident and your injuries, there is no way that I would sell my X for a small car. It's one tough truck and I'm glad you're OK. Sorry about the X.

I have a friend who had a bad accident with his Explorer. He figures the only reason he survived it is because of the Explorer. He went right out and got another one also.

Wow! Glad you're doin ok! That sucks about your Ex though!! :(

There have been a lot of accidents on the board lately, glad to hear you're all right.

Good to know you're okay.

But yeah, look on the bright side! Explorers=millions of them=awful resale value, so cash in!

Glad your ok, but wow whats with everyone totaling there Xplor's on this board recently?

I guess you're right. We've lost a couple well known ones even.

sorry to hear about the accident hope you find another explorer that you like as much as the one you lost

good luck

Good to hear the X did its job and kept you intact. Feel better.

off-road97Xplor said:
Glad your ok, but wow whats with everyone totaling there Xplor's on this board recently?

It is about time someone cashes in on the insurance money we pay month after month.

Back