My Free 89 BII | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Free 89 BII

my front end sagged about .5" with the 5.0 over the 4.0L I figure its mostly because I have a full size transmission and I run soft Skyjacker 6" coils (350 psi)

Compared to the 2.9L, my front end showed significant sagging after the 5.0 swap. I also run the Skyjacker 6" coils. I would say 1.5-2" of sag after the swap.

Can't wait to see how your build progresses, looks good!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

subsribing....looking good so far....why cant there be any free BII's around here dammit.

Nice build thread! Subscribing!

Gald to see you over here! This site is getting some kick a$$ B11s.

Gald to see you over here! This site is getting some kick a$$ B11s.

Whats up Rookie.....how you been bud...

To everyone else I appreciate all the compliments. My vacation starts in 2 days so I will have some more pics soon. Today I recieved my shackles for the front and rear bumpers, and also ordered some Bushwacker cut out flares. I have just about got everything cleaned up in the garage so I can pull the frame and start stripping her down for the POR-15.

What the crap.....I take vacation to get some work done on the BII and what does it do......SNOW. Anyways, with any luck I will start on my gauges for my dash tomorrow and should have some pics up unless the weather prevents me from making it out. But hey, while I have you guys here I have a question.

My original plans were to buy 6" brackets to lift her up for a little more for tire clearance. I have ordered Bushwacker Cut Out flares so now I will actually gain a little clearance with those. I want to keep the COG down and not make the 33's look tiny so should I just keep my lift I have now? Also, since I'm adding a 5.0 what would be a good coil to run with my 4" lift to make up for the weight and sag in the front?

I think a 6" coil in the front would probably get you about 4".

4" is a good amount of lift, especially with your bushwackers. I have about 6" of lift and will probably come down to 4" to lower the CG.

Another way to lower the CG is to go wider, with wider axles, wheel spacers or something.

you did not just say wheel spacers :)

these ttb front ends are wheel bearing challenged enough as it is

6" Skyjacker coil (350#) with 5.0L, duff front bumper, AC, ARB compressor, etc = 4.5" lift over stock, 350# is a GREAT spring rate for a BII on street and trail, nice and soft

I am going to a custom bucket with 8" coil and a net of 5" lift
thats if I dont go coilover first

I never said spacers were good, just that they would give width. haha

8" coil huh? You going with the skyjacker still?

yes
I already have custom buckets, I have wanted to install new buckets, approx 1.5" taller then where they sit now for years along with an F-250 shock tower, this will give me a little bit more bump travel so the beam will actually hit my bump stops, the shocks I have now were actually measured taking this into account, I meant to do this mod about 3 years ago!! I need to because my shocks are too short currently, I could get a bit more flex!!
hahaha

You better get on that before you end up buying some coilovers~!

Ok, where's a good place to get 6" Skyjacker coils?

Google? Skyjacker.com? I got mine at 4 wheel parts a long time ago, I picked up two rear 4" Skyjacker Ranger leafs and extended radius arms at the same time...I got lucky, somebody in Denver ordered a 6" ranger kit, then never picked it up so they had them on the shelf

Well I got a little done on the gauges today. Now I wanted everything to be clean like stock and not all hacked up so even though it doesn't look like much yet, damn it took a while. I used black PVC to make the gauge holder for a template. I looked everywhere in town for black ABS but no luck so I had to order from the internet. Now I used part of the original bucket so it would bolt right into the stock location......

Gauges003.jpg

Gauges004.jpg

Gauges005.jpg

Gauges007.jpg

Thanks Froader....as soon as I see the ABS in the mail I should be able to get her done the same day.

Well, my blinkers with flash from the original pods. For warning lights I really won't need much because I have oil, water, fuel, and volts gauge. I will have an external tach mounted at the bottom of the dash.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the gauges, around here we have to have an operational 'Check Engine' light to pass smog testing ( California ). I don't know if there's any emissions testing where you live but if there is I'd check into it to be sure your legal.

Back