My front end sags about 2 inches(moog springs didnt help) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My front end sags about 2 inches(moog springs didnt help)

chrisgodaddy

Reaction score
City, State
houston
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
93 xlt

So I figured its the coil springs (17 years old) so I bought moog springs cc870 .Before they were put on, they were 13 inches long which is 3 inches longer than stock...I paid a guy $150 to put them on, and now the trunk sags EVEN more by 1/4 inch. Thats right. I put new moog on there and it dropped another 1/4 inch. I measured from ground to bottom of fender before I left and after on flat ground in garage.

NOw my question is , would the 4x4 moog cc868 be even longer? I need something longer to raise the front about 1-2 inches to be level .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 1993 also and im doin 2" coil spacer in the front, 153 warrior drop bracket for shackle in the back, and a 2 " body lift.. I let u know how the spacers work out.. Heres how it stands of now with nothing
110720-195034.jpg

i would check the compression and weight ratings.. length doesnt really mean anything if its a softer spring then factory

my front end has been sagging for years , the doc says live with it. in your case try springs from a 3/4 or 1-ton truck or air shocks.

Back