Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

My front end sags about 2 inches(moog springs didnt help)

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by chrisgodaddy, July 20, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. chrisgodaddy

chrisgodaddy New Member

City, State:
    houston
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    93 xlt
    93 xlt

So I figured its the coil springs (17 years old) so I bought moog springs cc870 .Before they were put on, they were 13 inches long which is 3 inches longer than stock...I paid a guy $150 to put them on, and now the trunk sags EVEN more by 1/4 inch. Thats right. I put new moog on there and it dropped another 1/4 inch. I measured from ground to bottom of fender before I left and after on flat ground in garage.

NOw my question is , would the 4x4 moog cc868 be even longer? I need something longer to raise the front about 1-2 inches to be level .

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Roadrunner777

Roadrunner777 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Bemidji, MN
    94 4x4 Sport 88k
  4. jrsbuck25

jrsbuck25 New Member

City, State:
    Shamong, New Jersey
    1993 explorer
    I have a 1993 also and im doin 2" coil spacer in the front, 153 warrior drop bracket for shackle in the back, and a 2 " body lift.. I let u know how the spacers work out.. Heres how it stands of now with nothing [​IMG]

5. something9000

something9000 Active Member

City, State:
    naples fl
    1994 navajo
    i would check the compression and weight ratings.. length doesnt really mean anything if its a softer spring then factory

6. damnford

damnford Active Member

City, State:
    pine city washington
    94 explorer eddibouere
    my front end has been sagging for years , the doc says live with it. in your case try springs from a 3/4 or 1-ton truck or air shocks.