My Headlights burned out, not one but two!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Headlights burned out, not one but two!!!!

Well yesterday morning when I was going to work, it was a foggy morning and cloudy as well and I turned on my headlights and they were working fine and everything, well later at night like about 8:30 at night I had to go out to buy food for my sisters and then when I wanted to turn the headlights on, only my parking lights went on and both my headlights were burnt out or just dead, but it was so weird cause usually one bulb burns out but BOTH OF THEM?? That was pretty odd to me, my bulbs were brand "NOKYA" from Japan, Hiperwhite, but had a little bluish accent in it to but can anyone explain the reason why both of them blew out? I bought them early in January of 2002, we're in October now so I don't know, any comments welcomed :) , I have a 94 X

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have had the same thing happen to me. Back a couple years ago I put some hiper white bulbs in from JC Whitney that were too high wattage for my truck(80/100). I didn't get a heavy duty relay for it and they melted the wiring. My parking lights would work but the headlights would not go on. It was a real pain as I was making a trip up to NH the next night and two lane highways through mountains without lighting is not a good idea. I have since sold the truck and learned my lessons. Only 60 watt Sylvania Silverstars for me now. Oh yeah, Ford fixed most of the wiring problems which wasn't cheap. Hope that helps you a bit.

Well I got them for 60 bucks out of a Motorsport nearby my house but I've always bought from them and I've never had any problems with bulbs burning out and that type of thing, I'll have to check it out. Last night I didn't check it out cause it was to dark and today I haven't checked either cause I'm not out from work yet but I'll find out and see, but thanks for your comments anymore are welcome.;)

Originally posted by ChuckyD
I have never heard of the brand...

how much were they?

Well NOKYA is a brand from Japan, which isn't seen very often in stores, I think only Motorsport places sell them;) But now you know of one more brand to add to your wish list:p

I would guess the 40 amp fuse in the power distribution box is blown. Check that out first.....

A suprise to everyone

Well, last night I checked my headlights, I popped up the hood and checked to see what was the problem, well I turned on my car at about 10:30, cause I was coming from church and to my suprise when I went to pull the switch, my headlights go ON. I'm like ?HUH?, what's going on?? but anyways my headlights are working again but such a mystery though. but luckily I didn't have to go spend $50 or $60 pesos for another pair of those bulbs, thank God, but I'm happy though, no burnt bulbs no money wasted, EZ LIFE!!:cool:

I`d give Rod Serling a call....

nee noo nee noo

I think I have the same lights, never seen that happen tho`

I guess it has to do with the switch or the knob however you want to call it, it's going bad or probably lose but same here, I've never had a problem with this bulbs, to me their the best ones I've had.;)

Back