• Register Today It's free!

My New Explorer

k9gold

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Well I've had my Explorer for about 3 weeks and love it. Have had no problems with anything. I've found the My Sync easy to learn and love using voice commands for everything. So am having a good time. My Explorer is a 2013 Limited 4WD has the 302A package, dual panel moonroof and 20" polished aluminum wheels. And as you can see it's Rudy Red Metallic TC and has Lt Stone leather.

In reading the forums I haven't seen many pictures other than black, silver and a few green so I thought I'd let everyone see the red too. Last car was gold and have had browns. Never thought I'd have a red until I saw the color and I just love it. So I went hunting for a red with the options I wanted. Only took me looking at 77 dealerships until I found one with the options I wanted and was over $5000 off with the internet price. We drove 4 hours to pick it up but really didn't mind. It was a fun trip back trying to figure out where everything was and how to make them work.

Have had fun reading this forum and just thought I'd share my new ride.

DSCN0226.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice your new Explorer, I'm glad all is well, enjoy it

I think that color is fantastic !!! Enjoy the new ride.

Nice color. We just got ours also we had looked the red but fell in love with the white. I am not sure whats up with dealerships these days but we could not find what we wanted either nor would they try and help us to get one. We ended up going out of the state to get ours but like you said its worth the drive to get what you want. I hope you are enjoy yours as much as we do ours.

Thanks for the good wishes. For some reason I seem to be enjoying this vehicle more than most I've had so am maybe a little over excited about it.

Nice color. We just got ours also we had looked the red but fell in love with the white. I am not sure whats up with dealerships these days but we could not find what we wanted either nor would they try and help us to get one. We ended up going out of the state to get ours but like you said its worth the drive to get what you want. I hope you are enjoy yours as much as we do ours.

I contacted the person I had talked to at out local dealership by email and didn't hear back from him. I knew they didn't have what I wanted on the lot. Being impatient once I made the decision I began looking. I had already printed everything out at Edmunds so knew what the invoice was and all info I could find. Loved the few dealers who actually put the internet price on the website instead of having to fill out a form and wait for an answer. When I finally found this one I knew it was the one. In five days when the original dealership contacted me I had already made arrangements to pick this one up. It was the easiest purchase I have ever made they even gave me $700 more on my trade in than I asked for.

I think my problem is that I sometimes get still get carded at rated-R movies, even though I'm pushing 30 (not always a bad thing). In this case, I don't think they took us serious when we walked in asking about things that the average consumer in our area does not care about. That is awesome that they gave you more on your trade than you wanted. you do hear that to often anymore.

Well I've had my Explorer for about 3 weeks and love it. Have had no problems with anything. I've found the My Sync easy to learn and love using voice commands for everything. So am having a good time. My Explorer is a 2013 Limited 4WD has the 302A package, dual panel moonroof and 20" polished aluminum wheels. And as you can see it's Rudy Red Metallic TC and has Lt Stone leather.

In reading the forums I haven't seen many pictures other than black, silver and a few green so I thought I'd let everyone see the red too. Last car was gold and have had browns. Never thought I'd have a red until I saw the color and I just love it. So I went hunting for a red with the options I wanted. Only took me looking at 77 dealerships until I found one with the options I wanted and was over $5000 off with the internet price. We drove 4 hours to pick it up but really didn't mind. It was a fun trip back trying to figure out where everything was and how to make them work.
Welcome to Explorer owner's group :wavey:.
Very sharp looking vehicle that you have there. I think it will take more than a 4 hour drive to familiarize yourself with the Explorer. After more than 1 1/2 years I'm still find the odd new bit of onfo.
By the way, you may want to check your profile info in the left margin. I know Ford rushed the 2013 to market but I don't think the 3013 models are out yet.;)

Peter

K9Gold super sharp Ex you got there I was undecided on the Red or White, ended up with White, but still like the Red, good luck.

Congratulations, K9gold! I have one that should look the same on order, now you have me really wishing it would get here....Beautiful!

Welcome to Explorer owner's group :wavey:.
Very sharp looking vehicle that you have there. I think it will take more than a 4 hour drive to familiarize yourself with the Explorer. After more than 1 1/2 years I'm still find the odd new bit of onfo.
By the way, you may want to check your profile info in the left margin. I know Ford rushed the 2013 to market but I don't think the 3013 models are out yet.;)

Peter

LOL I guess when I got in it I thought it had to be 3013.

I love figuring out everything it can do. I'm sure I'll still be finding things for a long time.

Congratulations, K9gold! I have one that should look the same on order, now you have me really wishing it would get here....Beautiful!

Congratulations, hope it gets here soon. You'll love it. It looks different colors in different light. It never looks a solid color, which I love. There seems to be so much depth to the color especially after the carnauba wax.

Great car! That red is a beautiful color. Do us a favor next time though, put that beauty in the sun and let the color pop!! :)

Great car! That red is a beautiful color. Do us a favor next time though, put that beauty in the sun and let the color pop!! :)

When the sun comes out and it's clean I'll do that.

This post edited on 1-7-18. This is my second set of Canvasback covers. These are in my 2016 Explorer. They are wonderful and so easy to clean.

I posted these over on the modified but thought I'd just add them to my post about my Explorer. Owned for a month now and still loving it!

I wanted something better for my cargo area. I don't like the rubber ones so have always used waterproof mat and rugs. I have dogs in the back plus all the other stuff. This time I went on a search and found Canvasback. What a great idea they have. The normal mats set they sell for the Explorer are in three pieces. One piece for the second row and two pieces for the third row so you can stow without removing any of the pieces. They also make them for the captain chairs in the second row. I very rarely use the third row so I wanted a one piece mat that I could use the second row without removing the mats. Having the one piece took care of the gap between the second and third row seats which I knew some dog would put their leg into or something would fall out of groceries and fall between. If I want to use the third row seats you just have to roll the mat. These are like canvas with a waterproof backing. So you can just hose them off. They adhere with Velcro. I think they look so nice and protect the area. They special made the one piece for me and I couldn't be happier. Great company to work with.

Great color! Thanks for posting the info/pics about the canvasback. Didn't know about that product... now I want one :)

Back