My New Front Bumper

carlover

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Fontana,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XL
Well i finally got a new bumper fabbed up for the explorer. It came out exactly like i pictured and am very happy with it. Brandon at BTF Fab did it for me and did an excellent job.

Attachments

• bumper1.jpg
    bumper1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,344
  • bumper2.jpg
    bumper2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,352
  • bumper3.jpg
    bumper3.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,367

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice :thumbsup: wonder what they can do for a first gen?:D

so what are the plans for finishing it ? just gonna paint it or?

Nice :thumbsup: wonder what they can do for a first gen?:D

so what are the plans for finishing it ? just gonna paint it or?

He can do a bumper for a first gen. He's in ontario to so its very close. Im gonna paint it, but its a little to wet outside right now for painting lol. Probably just flat black, but maybe even a semi gloss or something.

Very nice, looks similar to clarkkent's bumper, and he's got the best lookin bumper i've ever seen. :thumbsup:

And i might have missed this, but are you keeping your explorer?

...that's a really nice bumper...:D

nice bumper

I havent decided yet whether im keeping the explorer or not. But im gonna keep building it until i decide either way. Although the more i build it the less likely im gonna sell it lol. he usually charges between 300 and 400$ for larger bumpers with skidplates. Ill be adding the skidplate later this week after i paint it.

nice man BTF does sick work.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Ill post up some more pics after i get it painted, but the more i look at it the more im liking it as is...

Lots of clearcoat...maybe even varnish since it's thicker. Otherwise, you'lll be rubbing it off with wd-40 every two days = no fun.

looks really good man.

Is there a brace from the outside going to the frame?

My bumper has been in 2 collisions plus all the abuse I have put on it and it has not budged yet.

I credit it to the points to the frame.

You cant really see it in the pics but yeah there is a tube from the outside of the bumper to the frame for extra strength. Im hoping to never have to test the strength but these days you never know..

looks really good man.

Is there a brace from the outside going to the frame?

My bumper has been in 2 collisions plus all the abuse I have put on it and it has not budged yet.

I credit it to the points to the frame.

LET'S SEE IF THESE WORK (DIFFERENT PICS)

EXPOBUMPER003-1.jpg

EXPOBUMPER001-1.jpg

The tubing looks a lot thicker in the 2 photos above than in the original post. I like!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like how he has the tube under the radiator to protect it.
thumb.gif

Back