My O/D light is flashing, and the mechanic can't read the code. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My O/D light is flashing, and the mechanic can't read the code.

ccelular

Reaction score
I am from Cuiaba, Brazil, I have a 1998 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 automatic, very new, so that, five years is still, OED began flashing after a long move, will not get success until we note that the ECM module not read the lambda, I think that this defect interferes with the exchange, ie if we arrange the ECM arrange the exchange.
I do not think this ECM here, someone help me?
the code is F87F 12A650 BHA
Thanks

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your post into its own thread with a new title in the International Explorers section. Your mechanic's scanner isn't capable of reading manufacturer specific transmission codes. Your computer is working corectly, and you don't need to replace it. The dealer or a reputable transmission shop should have a scanner which is capable of reading the codes correctly. Find out what the code numbers are, and post them here.

Rick, sorry for the English, as reported long ago to stop this SUV, the codes reported on the speed sensors, changed several times, until one day, at high speed, about 70 miles, skated and hitched reverse exchange, merged the exchange, almost everything changed.
Once ready, to our surprise, the code remained the same.
We begin to verify the electronic part and noticed that the lambda probe, despite the positive signal input, was not read in the scanner, of course, beyond the probe would be influencing the exchange.
With this module the ECM was condemned by the mechanic.
Cassio

Back