• Register Today It's free!

My ranger needs help

jcbkid

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XL Ranger
i have a 94 ranger xl 2.3 4 banger that needs some performance. it was all rebuilt we put a new 2.3 in it the old threw a rod, its got new wheel bearings, ball joints, rear brakes, front and rear shocks are new, it has a flowmaster super 40 muffler, the rest is basically stock but it needs more power any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What size tires do you run, and what's the axle gear ratio?

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

Stock tire size its a 4x4 manual trans they are p225x70 15? i think and the gear ratio is stock also i dont know the exact spec, i'm really lookinh for motor mods like any little things for cheap

...Look on your door sticker and see what axle code you have...Let us know and we can help you with some other useful info...You can put all the power in your mtor you want, but if you can't transfer it to your tires, it won't help...This is why your gearing is important...

...If you have high miler gears, you won't get the same as if you had a performance gear package...;)

...The 2.3L does have it's limitations but, you can also put a turbocharger on them...

Back