my return to genoa peak trail (near lake tahoe on the nevada state line) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my return to genoa peak trail (near lake tahoe on the nevada state line)

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
here are a few pics from my weekend trip to the top of genoa peak. we got to the top this time to catch the coolest sunset you will ever see. the pictures dont do justice to how nice it was up there. we did run into a snag when i parked the truck off the main trail and didnt realize i was sitting it in loose sand and we ended up getting stuck pretty bad. we had to decide whether we were going to camp out on the top of the peak until morning to get help or if we were going to make the 8 mile walk down the hill for help that night. thankfully on our way down the hill we ran into the nicest couple who helped us out of our jam. so to caleb and gabby, you guys are beautiful! hope you enjoy the pics, and if you ever get the chance to go to lake tahoe, take it in a heartbeat!

red lake about 20 miles south of lake tahoe
001.jpg

dora the explora gettin us up the mountain!
017.jpg

019.jpg

031.jpg

053.jpg

this was a memorial at the peak to a plane that crashed up there and killed about 60 people back in the 60's.
092.jpg

136.jpg

tahoe from the top
138.jpg

this was the nevada side
151.jpg

154.jpg

me and the dog
174.jpg

206.jpg

225.jpg

the best sunset you will ever catch!