Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

my return to genoa peak trail (near lake tahoe on the nevada state line)

Discussion in 'Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion' started by LONO100, July 26, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. LONO100

LONO100 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Bay Area CA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    03 sport trac XLT
    here are a few pics from my weekend trip to the top of genoa peak. we got to the top this time to catch the coolest sunset you will ever see. the pictures dont do justice to how nice it was up there. we did run into a snag when i parked the truck off the main trail and didnt realize i was sitting it in loose sand and we ended up getting stuck pretty bad. we had to decide whether we were going to camp out on the top of the peak until morning to get help or if we were going to make the 8 mile walk down the hill for help that night. thankfully on our way down the hill we ran into the nicest couple who helped us out of our jam. so to caleb and gabby, you guys are beautiful! hope you enjoy the pics, and if you ever get the chance to go to lake tahoe, take it in a heartbeat!

red lake about 20 miles south of lake tahoe
    [​IMG]

dora the explora gettin us up the mountain!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this was a memorial at the peak to a plane that crashed up there and killed about 60 people back in the 60's.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

tahoe from the top
    [​IMG]

this was the nevada side
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

me and the dog
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the best sunset you will ever catch!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

We Support Our Troops!