Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

My ST Build

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by KajunBndit, February 10, 2014.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. KajunBndit

KajunBndit Active Member

City, State:
    Theriot, LA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2004ExplorerSportTrac XLT
    Hello everyone, My name is Ray. I live in South Louisiana and work in the oilfield, offshore and on land. I use my truck for work so it is my home away from home and my office. I bought a 04 ST last June, it is a 2 wheel drive model. I would like to dress her up a bit. What I have done already is added a bull bar, nerf step running boards and a hitch receiver. I am putting on some off road lights on her when I receive my income tax return. I have been eyeing a 20" led light bar to put on the bull bar. Anyway, I do need some help and I am hopeful that you, the members of Explorer Forum, can help me.
    I am looking for New Leaf spring for my truck, the dealership isn't a option, my springs are sagging and in need of a new life. LOL. Also when I was under her last week I notice that the "Body bushing", I hope I am saying this correct, is brittle and need replacing as well, I do hear some squeaking but not bad @ the moment. I need links, phone numbers to call for prices and to order.
    Thank you everyone for your input!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. swshawaii

swshawaii Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Kailua-Oahu, Hawaii
    '05 Sport Trac XLS (RWD)
  4. KajunBndit

KajunBndit Active Member

City, State:
    Theriot, LA
    Thank you!

5. 01STrunner

01STrunner Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Greer, SC
    2001 SAS'd Sport Trac
    LEDs put out tons of light and it's nice in my opinion because there are no hot spots (bright in the middle and dim at the edges) like halogens. I have 2 135W long range KC halogens and 2 4" square Rigid LEDs. I really like the light output of the rigids.

When looking for replacement parts, junkyards can be your friend. Also there are some older (80s I believe) F150s that have the same length (56") x2.5" width springs as us.

6. 01STrunner

01STrunner Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Greer, SC
    2001 SAS'd Sport Trac
    Check out this leaf spring chart. It has a lot of different lengths and widths broken down by make model and year of vehicles.

http://littlekeylime.com/MrN/mrnimages/leaf_springs.png

The 80-96 F150s had the same dimension leaf springs but with 2200# springs instead of the 1200# on the STs so you would also get some extra lift and payload.

7. KajunBndit

KajunBndit Active Member

City, State:
    Theriot, LA
    The junk yards where I live is pretty sparse about the ST and Explorer, I may have to goto New Orleans and Baton Rouge LA to see what they have in parts for my truck.

We Support Our Troops!