Naches area July '05 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Naches area July '05

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

arsoul said:
How about meeting for a bbq one weekend? I can hold one at my parents place in Woodinville...check out everyone else's rigs, meet everyone, i've even got an rti ramp we can break out.

I would be down, and it would give us a chance to discuss organizing a summer run. Besides I have been hoping to catch a glimpse of your X when I am on that side of the lake. Ok well sorta on the other side of the lake, I am kinda up past the northern tip so it's more like around the lake.

What do ya say Albino, JR, Snow and all you others up here in the Puget Sound area.

Man, I just spent the last hour reading Ryan's EX-250 build thread. My little stocker is going to develop an inferiority complex being around those lifted X's :rolleyes:

Just gotta keep the ability to tow the boat.

When and where?

Attachments

• Our new boat at dealer 004.jpg
    Our new boat at dealer 004.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 151

I'm wheelin' the Sultin Basin this weekend, but I'm free next weekend (the 29/30th).
Oh, we are meeting in Monroe at 10:30am this sat....minor wheelin', most of the rivers are flooded so we wont be able to get to the hard stuff....just cruising around the basin and it's lakes.

That would be decent drive for me,so why don't you guys get together and do some run planning and you fill me in with the details :thumbsup:
Sometime in july or August at work we have a performance audit by the company we do 95% of our work for, so that could mess up a couple of my weekends.

arsoul said:
Oh, we are meeting in Monroe at 10:30am this sat....minor wheelin', most of the rivers are flooded so we wont be able to get to the hard stuff....just cruising around the basin and it's lakes.

Where in Monroe?

We are meeting at the McDonalds in monroe. my brother is bringing his toyota...nothing much, we've only swapped in a marlin crawler, ford302 and 36's into it.

Hmm I usually spend quite a bit of time up there on Mt. pilchuk and Mt. index in the non-snowy seasons though not much in between in the basin. Where particularly are you going to play???

I think I may be down to go up into the trees for some non seattle air, in fact I was sorta planning to anyway if the gf agreed so this might be a good alternative if you don't mind and Albino is down (Travis too for Zaira's sake?)

If we slow you down I have quad maps of the whole area and Albino and I can easily go off and find a good picnic/play spot for the kids.

I just hope my 33's get here before then so I'm not the silly lookin rig with 5" of lift and 30's :rolleyes: .

We are planning on taking the sultin basin road past the lakes where there is a turn off that follows the river to an old cabin from the 50's. there is plenty of rocks and such in that area to play on. we tend to take our time stopping at each boat launch/picnic area to check things out. we have a tendency to follow a road and see where it goes. both my rig and my brothers have gps on board.
i'm not sure if the main gate is open yet with the flooding, so if its not, there are other area's before the lake to explore. or....if you all want, we can show you around reider pit and its easier trails and watch us get stuck in the mud pit....we're easy.

Works for Travis and I.

Now, if we can get out of the McDonalds parking lot without having to buy a Happy Meal, we're golden. :thumbsup:

In my minds eye I am seeing the Greider lakes and Boulder Lake trailheads being right around there???? There be some fair rainbow up in the big greider lake in the summer.......I hate the loose snow season :(

Alrighty I am game, just so those big rocks have ways around them, cause I's skeered of body damage;) . Actually I think the trees have taught me to be more scared of them :eek:

Anyway either or, I am curious about the Sultan basin as I have not really explored the area and have only been down the main road to the trailhead once. Odd how I skip little pieces of the country in favor of others.
The tame parts of Reiter would be good too. I keep meaning to go there, but I get too many lectures about going alone (albino {j/k}), and I know that there are roads I should not go down there. If only I could tell the difference from the roads beginning :p

So i'll see you all at McD's in Monroe at 10:30?
I don't have a cb in the truck, but do have a couple cobra hand helds. Any channel preference?

dreamr said:
Alrighty I am game, just so those big rocks have ways around them, cause I's skeered of body damage;) . Actually I think the trees have taught me to be more scared of them :eek:

Do what I did, I bought and traded for every removable outside body panel (doors,fenders,glass,lens' etc..)from a explorer that was being parted out. I can make my explorer straight again in a weekend or less of nice weather.

All the trails in sultin are easy enough without body damage. the rocks and such arent trails, just play areas.
channel 14 on the cb, channel 5 code 1 on the handhelds.

Cool! I'll see you there.
Yeah my 33's came in today and are mounted up :bounce:

I had to remove all of the tupperware though and my front "mud flaps" to stop the on street rubbing.

It is still pretty close in a couple places, so I might have to throw a magic marker and the cordless dremel in the tool box. We'll see if I can eliminate all the rub without breaking out the sawzall :confused:

The gates at sultin are still closed, so we might just do rieder, but we can talk about that sat.
i'll be pushing 11am at the mcyd's....

arsoul said:
The gates at sultin are still closed, so we might just do rieder, but we can talk about that sat.
i'll be pushing 11am at the mcyd's....

Oh MAN! that's when they start selling Happy Meals :rolleyes: I knew I wouldn't be able to get outta there without one :mad:

I doubt any of you will see this before morning, but I will see you at McD's with a happy meal ;) .

Listen for the sound of tire rub :rolleyes:

Ok OK I kid it is only minimal if I hit a speed bump perfect while turning. Like a thumbnails worth of plastic is showing marks.

Then again I took a short cut from one of my old apartments up and around the edge of Lake city. It's is an oddity in the city a quarter to half mile of ruts and holes big enough to eat my 30's and rather deep. Any way it amuses me for after a rain storm if you drive by there are muddy tracks going out both ends of the raspberry lined "alley". Now I know where the rare muddy rig in the city comes from LOL :rolleyes:

I was curious if it would work my suspension enough to teach me about tire rub. :( Tomorrow may be interesting.........................

Also I am thinking that I might skip after a couple hours or so to go play in the snow on Stevens Pass with my daughter. I hope that's cool. Of course you are welcome to follow, or it'll can give you big dawgs a chance to get rid of my little pansy ass if you want to play harder than I can.

Jeeze I feel out of the loop, I need to check in here more often...
So whats being planned? I just kinda scanned through everything... :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back