• Register Today It's free!

naches report

whitetrashfab

Reaction score
City, State
Tenino, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
Kevin sent me a text saying the regional forums were back so I figured I would post something. Went to Naches 22-23rd to run some trails in what snow was left. Only ran into a little in drifts on top of the ridge trail but mostly dry and dusty. It rained Sunday and that changed everything, all the dust turned to slime. Actually had to pull cable on one of the hills on 676 (I hate to admit that) and the root on the main line up aardvark hill is a no go (dug out bad). Was a good trip all and all, would have liked to have had more snow to play in but oh well. Also ran into Rick, Dwight, and the guy with the white sport (cant remember your name?) on Saturday and had a beer with them back at camp. Damage was high for the weekend, one broken AOD on abelincoln's ranger, broken Transfer case bolts/mounts on my brothers samurai, lost the clutch on the samurai, samurai flopped on its side, Nissan lost its clutch and exhaust. The bronco2 and my ex were the only ones without a problem this trip... Hope to get back over there before it dries out and see what I can break.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would love to make that trip too, but first I need help.

The Mazda Sport is Jim Sponholtz (we call him HoJim).

Thanks for the report

Several of us will be back out there July 26th-30th, maybe till 31st. Camping at Crow Creek

A good place for Kevin to break in his new gears would be pucker ridge/rim rock:thumbsup:

A good place for Kevin to break in his new gears would be pucker ridge/rim rock:thumbsup:

Funny, we are planning on heading over to Uhtanum trails. I'd watch that even if I have to hike in :smoke:

Sounds good to me. Here that Ben, we gotta get this done.

I wouldn't take my tippy rig anywhere near that trail... some of those side hills don't look like fun.

Hmmm, might have to rethink that comittment.

Back