Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Navigation Screen Is Blank

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by abhoop, July 18, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. abhoop

abhoop New Member

City, State:
    Paris, TN
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    I have been very happy with my 2011 LTM Explorer until today (received it June 22, 2011)when I noticed not only is the rear camera not working the entire screen is black. I have an appointment tomorrow am and I hope this is something simple. Afraid I am skeptical. So my navigation and all menus are not available.

Anybody else have this problem?

Andy

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. drober30

drober30 Active Member

City, State:
    Grand Blanc, MI
    2011 Limited 302A
    Before wasting time going to the dealer, do exactly what they are going to do first. Pull off the negative batter cable.

This is the number one quick fix for MFT (My Ford Touch) problems that don't need replacement/parts.

Had to pull mine for the second time in two months to fix a navigation problem. I had an overlay screen that would not go away.

4. JDJones

JDJones Member

City, State:
    Houston
    2011 Silver Limited
    Don't pull the battery cable! Doing so looses the codes that will tell the tech what the errors are. There is some pretty good detail in the IVT section of the forum.

"A battery cable disconnect erases all codes that may help diagnose your vehicle; it should be performed by your service department."

5. jjs461

jjs461 New Member

City, State:
    Philadelphia, PA
    2011 Limited
    Try pulling the SD card out wait 10 seconds and reinsert it some times that works.

6. abhoop

abhoop New Member

City, State:
    Paris, TN
    Navigation My Ford Touch screen was blank

I was lucky that the tech at the dealership found a loose connection and everything seems to be working fine now.

Andy

7. FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam Official Ford Rep

City, State:
    Dearborn, MI
    Ford Explorer
    Glad to hear your system is working now, Andy!

+1 (Great quote ;) )

This is not a good "quick fix." Like JDJones said, this will erase the codes needed to diagnose what is causing the problem.

If you have to do something before you can make it to your dealer, a fuse pull will reboot the system for you. If you ever need help with this, please feel free to Private Message me.

+1

Rebecca