Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Navigaton & Radio Shutdown

Discussion in '2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology' started by mbielamowicz, October 15, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. mbielamowicz

mbielamowicz New Member

City, State:
    Florida
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    honda 2007
    Navigation system shut down as well as radio and flashed we needed to update with the SD card. First time was 200 mile trip and right at destination. Next time it happened was on return trip. Is this common? Is simply that we need to update with the SD Card for navigation? Any comments or information would be appreciated.

Mike

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. briteboy

briteboy Active Member

2011 Explorer XLT+Nav,MFT
    Mike,

I believe that if you have one of the last 2 Sync updates, 3.62(?) or 3.8 then you need the A4 Nav card.

You should have rec'd one when you did the 3.62 update, either by ordering online, or the dealer should have installed it for you.

Not a 100% sure on this, but it might be worth a call to your service manager before you waste a day taking the car in, when all you need is a SD card...

Keep us posted.

4. jmr061

jmr061 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Wisconsin
    16 Edge
    Pr-16 Exp Sport
    What type of vehicle do you have....your profile says 2007 Honda???

5. FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam Official Ford Rep

City, State:
    Dearborn, MI
    Ford Explorer
    Hi Mike!

I'm not sure I've ever seen that message before; are you sure it didn't say Performing System Maintenance? Shoot me the details in a private message, along with your VIN, and I'll take a look at your software.

Hey briteboy,

You can use A3-A6 (U.S. and Canada) or B3-B6 (U.S. and Mexico) on MFT versions 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8. :)

Rebecca