Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

need a/c control help please

Discussion in 'A/C & Heater systems - HVAC' started by Arianna, July 26, 2006.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. Arianna

Arianna New Member

City, State:
    Bishop California
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1993 Eddie Bauer
    Alright I have replaced the blower motor in my 93 explorer and it was awsome! for a bit. now the control doesn't work. It has 2 speeds lo and medium and it is all backwards and it started all of the sudden while driving home. I am at a total loss. Is it vacuum or ?????? I really need some help the 110 degree heat is getting unbareble. I can't figure it out it is like a blank. does anyone have a clue cause I sure don't? Any advice would be great.
    Thank you,
    Arianna

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. a4angiel

a4angiel New Member

City, State:
    Palm Bay, Florida
    '92 XLT
    I am having a bit of a problem with my 92 XLT. My problem is with the blower control/AC switch. I removed it a couple of months ago and dissasembled/reassembled it. I worked fine for awhile, but now is acting up again. Sometimes jiggling the control switch can get it to work at the selected speed. Also, after I turn on the AC, I sometimes need to pull the switch back out. I am planning on replacing the switch soon. I believe they are in the $70 range.

4. ma96782

ma96782 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Vancouver, WA
    '94 XLT, 4dr