need help asap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need help asap

hfdff

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer xls
Does anyone know if the fel pro PN BS 40619 does the metal sleeve have to be installed also or can you just have the rubber seal installed without the sleeve. Thx for the replies

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, according to someone on ford-trucks.com.

I went by my ford dealer. And asked about it. I should them my orginal and they said the one they have has a sleeve that needs to be installed also. I remeber reading that their was a tsb or something stating that the new seals will have a sleeve installed. I'm off to hardeware store to see if I can figure something to help in tall the sleeve. Any more input would be greatly appreciated thx.

Not to contradict myself, but my 'no' was for the overall but not to the part number you posted.

The version you requested and the dealer version requires the sleeve. There is an updated version that doesn't need the sleeve. Fel Pro BS40647.

I'll have to look that up. I may need to go buy it. I started to press the sleeve and I notied that the seal has rolled alittle bit going to try and get it unrolled if not, I'll look into that pn. Thx

UPDATE. I got the seal to unroll. Took a little time but I got it. I got a paper clip and flatened it with a hammer(not to thin), then I bent it to what I needed and got under the seal and just followed the sleeve around. I also dipped the paper clip in oil to help it. I also got the sleeve pressed on Ill have to post some picks on how i did it. I'll try and do that tonight. Hopefully I won't get any leaks only time will tell. THX for the replies.

Back