1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Need help installing components!

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by huskyfan23, December 28, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. huskyfan23

huskyfan23 Rah no Hans Bwix

City, State:
      WA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1994 XLT 4x4
      Hey.. my amp came today for my components and I'm trying to install them right now. I connected the woofers to the stock wiring and then cut it from the head unit harness and connected it to the + and - on the crossover. I connected + and - of the amp to the crossover, and + and - of the tweeter. I am getting NO sound from the components. I faded to the front and there is 0 sound but the back gets sound with the coaxils. Did I do all this right? I connected the RCA's from the F (front) on the back of the HU onto the amp. Any help is appreciated!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. huskyfan23

City, State:
      WA
      1994 XLT 4x4
      Here's a better explanation:

Each crossover has 8 slots (+ and -). Main tweeter has my tweeter + and -, Woofer has my woofer + and -, In/Amp has + and - from my amp, and image tweeter is empty. The woofers are connected to the stock wiring and stock wiring connected to the crossovers. The HU (CDA-9835) has RCA outputs for front and rear, I've got the front ouputs connected to the LCH and RCH input of the amp. The amp power LED is lit so I know it has power. The amp has a 20A fuse (400w) so I bought a 20A AGU and AGU fuse folder and connected at the battery.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple...

4. Saleen_SR71

Saleen_SR71 Active Member

City, State:
      San Jose, CA
      '97 EB 5.0
      i say just run your own speaker wire... maybe the problem is in the wiring

5. huskyfan23

City, State:
      WA
      1994 XLT 4x4
      I'm pretty sure I've got the problem figured out. When I have time (45 minutes or so) I should know for sure. I woke up at 3AM with a magnificent idea, HOOK UP THE AMP POWER WIRE! I never connected the 4 gauge wire to the positive terminal! I guess the amp isn't turning on, just the LED from being connected to the HU remote wire. I feel so stupid!

6. huskyfan23

City, State:
      WA
      1994 XLT 4x4
      Was my problem. Everything's all done and put together. They sound AMAZING! I mounted the tweeters in the door panel at an angle so they're facing toward me. I used double-sided tape to find the best spot and that was it. I'll have pics in a little bit.

7. huskyfan23

City, State:
      WA
      1994 XLT 4x4
      Pics below. To mount the woofer I removed the factory speaker bracket (?) and put in an MDF adapter on each side. With the grilles the woofers just BARELY fit. I am still amazed by the sound.

Attached Files:

8. davesexplorer

davesexplorer Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Central PA
      2001 F350 7.3
      looks purty! and I'm sure it sounds great!