Need help! Seatbelt won't release. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help! Seatbelt won't release.

Tony407

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
I'm applying some sound deadening materials where the stock subwoofer used to be and took the third-row seatbelt out so I could have room to work. But now I can't get it released so I can put everything back together. It just locks when I try to pull on the buckle. I've tried it at all sorts of different angles, stood on one foot, etc.

Anyone have any advice?

Tony

Seatbelt.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nevermind, everyone. I just had to hold the assembly in the perfect vertical position and it released. Moderators, leave this thread in place if you think someone might find it useful, or delete it, that's cool too.

Tony

Sounds like a good thread to leave in place. Thanks for sharing. :):thumbsup:

Peter

Ah, man. I was expecting a thread from someone sitting in their Explorer and couldn't figure out how to get themselves out - not one about the seat belt retractor. Not nearly as much fun.

Ah, man. I was expecting a thread from someone sitting in their Explorer and couldn't figure out how to get themselves out - not one about the seat belt retractor. Not nearly as much fun.

Hahaha - I saw a video exactly like that and it's hilarious (not in an Explorer though)

Back