Need help. wanting to fix up my stock 06 ford explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help. wanting to fix up my stock 06 ford explorer

Robert hensley

Reaction score
City, State
San saba
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 explorer XLT
I have a 06 ford explorer XLT 4x4 and I would like some help fixing it up and making it an off road monster. I understand it is a v6 and I was wondering if it was possible to drop in a v8
I would like to lift it 3" and put 17s with 33s and light bars and things. I'm not really vehicle savvy so would like some pointers and help on what to buy and in what order

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Traxda Leveling Kit
BTF Upper Control Arms
Wheels and tires of your choice.

If you go bigger than 32 you're going to doing some trimming on the wheel wells.
@King of So Cal can chime in on the bigger tires. His are the biggest I've seen with the leveling kit and BTFs.
I'm not sure what all you're asking. As far as what you're wanting to do? You're asking something pretty broad :) if you have any specifics we're all here to help!

Traxda Leveling Kit
BTF Upper Control Arms

If you go bigger than 32 you're going to doing some trimming on the wheel wells.
@King of So Cal can chime in on the bigger tires. His are the biggest I've seen with the leveling kit and BTFs.
I'm not sure what all you're asking. As far as what you're wanting to do? You're asking something pretty broad :) if you have any specifics we're all here to help!
Thank you very much I just want it to look nice and be a beast off road.

Traxda Leveling Kit
BTF Upper Control Arms

I'd like to do a 3in lift in front 2 in back .

As for the V8, you would be far ahead to find one with the V8 as you would need a complete donor with engine and transmission anyway.

I'd like to do a 3in lift in front 2 in back .
The Traxda leveling kit is 2.5 inches the front and 1.25 inches in the rear. That's about as high as it's going to get without adding fabricated pieces. They make a 3" body lift for rangers that you can modify to use on the 4th gens but it's still pretty extensive work to accomplish. Take a look at the leveling kit and BTF upper control arms options along with regearing and you should be ready to do some basic trail riding.

Back