need help with blocks on '99 ford explorer sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need help with blocks on '99 ford explorer sport

amcfarland18

Reaction score
City, State
Zionsville, In
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
I have a '99 Explorer Sport and im wanting to put suspension blocks between the rear axle and leaf springs but the leaf springs are under the axle. Are there any relocation kits i could buy to move the leaf springs on top of the axle?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can buy new leaf spring perches from summit racing online for about $15. This will give you about 5.5 to 6 inches of lift for the rear.

A SOA will give you 5" of lift at minimum in the rear with none in the front. You can get a set of warrior lift shackles and get about 1.5" of lift. Other options for lifting are a body lift, or a 4" superlift or 5.5" RCD kit

awesome thanks alot and how could i lift the front the 5.5 to 6"? if i only lift it 1.5" i can just adjust the torsion bars, but i wouldnt know how to lift the front that much. and also, does anyone know the rear axle diameter?

Ahh 4" suspension will work or a 5.5" RCD lift.. Both of those kits start at around $1500-2000 the last time I checked..

Thanks for all the help! i am probably just going to keep comin up with questions haha so please be patient. but if i got new shackles would you recommend that i get new shocks as well? or will it not lift it that much? and also, is it true that if you put the leaf springs off a 4 door explorer on a sport it will lift it another inch?

No new shocks needed for the shackles and 4-door leafs will life your Sport. Not sure how high. I think around 2".

awesome. sounds like a cheap lift. is there anything i should watch out for? it almost sounds too easy to just get the 4 door leaf springs and the shackles. and even though you dont necessarily need shocks, what is a good brand for off roading and such and still ride well

Back