Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Need help with tranny?

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by fury, January 26, 2005.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. fury

fury Active Member

City, State:
    austin,tx
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    99 ford explorer sport
    ok heres my story. for a week or so i have noticed that my tranny seems to leak a little fluid from the front part of the bell housing. nothing to worry about really as it seems not to leak enough to make a difference really. i think
    the problem is the last two mornings when i start my ex to let it warm up i looked underneth and saw that my tranny was leaking fluid to the point where is was a thin like waterfall from my tranny to the ground for about a couple a seconds and then stop. :eek: is the first thing that came to my mind. checked the fliud level and its looks ok. i want to take it and get it looked at but would like to get some advice on my situation if anyone out there might have any ideas on what the problem might be. i have a 99 ex with a 5r55e tranny if it helps any.
    thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Glacier991

Glacier991 EF Tranny Guru Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Sacramento, CA 95827
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1992 XLT
    Sounds like either a front seal leak or a torque convertor leak.