Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Need question answered for 1993 Ford explorer

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by elisha36, March 23, 2010.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. elisha36

elisha36 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1993 Ford Explorer
    Hello. I have an 1993 Ford Explorer, and it starts wonderfully, but when I place it in gear, it jumps off very fast, then shuts off on me. I changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, and then I thought it was my transmission; so I unplugged the torque converter switch. I have an automatic tranny and the truck have over 150, 000 miles on it. Can someone please tell me what the problem could be? Thanks for your help.
    ELisha

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
  4. elisha36

elisha36 New Member

1993 Ford Explorer
    Yes, it wants to take off, then it just stalls out. It has a little jerk when it I place my foot on the gas pedal, it wants to go, but it feels like there is a brick under the front tires stopping it from going.