Need some axle help?

fury

Reaction score
City, State
austin,tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 ford explorer sport
I have a dana 44 from a wagoneer that pissing me off right now. :fire:
the problem i an having is when i am driving as soon as i hit a bump of any sort the axle seems to start to vibrate like theres tommorrow. And it gets worse as i try to slow down to the point were is vibrates the my whole ex and sounds like someone is grinding the hell out of it. then when i slow down to about 10mph it shuts up and drives smooth untill i hit another bump and starts allover again. i really dont have any idea on what could be causing all this. I just changed the wheel bearing ,seals and fluid about a month ago.
if anyone has any ideas on what could be causing this i would greatly appriciate it.

thanks

First suspect, bumpsteer. What kind of drag link angle are you running? Have a pic?

edit: looking at your CD page, if you are still running that stock linkage setup, I change my prediction from first to primary. Do you have a current pic of the sterring linkage setup?

steerings fine never had a problem with it except for the play in the steering wheel. to me it sounds like something gets stuck and starts to grind away on something. and it really doesnt even take a bump to get it started. i was driving it home tonight on a smooth road and all of a sudden it started grinding.
do u have any other ideas.

Back