need some help

dannyces

Reaction score
City, State
syracuse, new york
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt
hello all
so i am very short on time going for a week long camping trip tomorrow and i am looking to run the coffee maker off an inverter. i did some searching and if im right it looks like i'd nee a 1000 watt inverter... im i crazy or does that sound like way to much???????? anyway as i said i leave tomorrow morning so any help would be great cause i just cant lay out the money for that much watts......
thanks
Danny

It looks like right to me. Anything that boil the water seems to need 1K watt or more. Alternative is to use gas stove and instant coffee. SO you only need to boil the water on the gas stove, which you still need to buy but probably cheaper than the 1K watt inverter and then miz with the instant coffee.

Make a camp fire, bring a small peculator pot, brew some awesome brew!!

hey guys thanks for the replies... yeah instant ain't gonna cut it, id rather drink warm left over beer from the nite before.:p: lol
we always do the percolator (me and the wife camp at least 2x a month) but we are going with all the in laws something like 20 in all and i just figured it be easier to bring a pot. anyway i guess i knew the answer to this one oh well ill just have to get up early to brew the goodness
thanks again
Danny

Back