Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

need some help

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by dannyces, July 7, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. dannyces

dannyces Active Member

City, State:
      syracuse, new york
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      95 xlt
      hello all
      so i am very short on time going for a week long camping trip tomorrow and i am looking to run the coffee maker off an inverter. i did some searching and if im right it looks like i'd nee a 1000 watt inverter... im i crazy or does that sound like way to much???????? anyway as i said i leave tomorrow morning so any help would be great cause i just cant lay out the money for that much watts......
      thanks
      Danny

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. dcdyd

dcdyd Active Member

City, State:
      Eden Prairie, MN
      98 Explorer
      It looks like right to me. Anything that boil the water seems to need 1K watt or more. Alternative is to use gas stove and instant coffee. SO you only need to boil the water on the gas stove, which you still need to buy but probably cheaper than the 1K watt inverter and then miz with the instant coffee.

4. my98nnj

my98nnj Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Boonton, New Jersey
      1998 XLT
      Make a camp fire, bring a small peculator pot, brew some awesome brew!!

5. dannyces

dannyces Active Member

City, State:
      syracuse, new york
      95 xlt
      hey guys thanks for the replies... yeah instant ain't gonna cut it, id rather drink warm left over beer from the nite before.:p: lol
      we always do the percolator (me and the wife camp at least 2x a month) but we are going with all the in laws something like 20 in all and i just figured it be easier to bring a pot. anyway i guess i knew the answer to this one oh well ill just have to get up early to brew the goodness
      thanks again
      Danny