Wanted - Need to get a Explorer unstuck. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Need to get a Explorer unstuck.

Parts or services wanted
Went exploring and got good and stuck.. Back wheels near road fronts pointed down in sand. Pretty sure a decent 4x4 could get me back on road. Near Silver Springs, NV About 40 mi in.. I REALLY need the truck. Can anyone help ? Of course I would pay, Spent 2 days without any supplies. (for the last time)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

US 50 really is the loneliest road in america. I'm too far away to help, or I'd be glad to assist. How far from a hardware store are you? A heavy rope and stake you could use the back tire wind up the rope and pull yourself out.

Good ideas. I like the one using the jack but at 69 I'd be asking for trouble. Thanks

Good ideas. I like the one using the jack but at 69 I'd be asking for trouble. Thanks
Now it's not stuck, but it was at a sever angle. 1/2 tank of gas. Would not start. Now on ,level, still wont start . Did the starter fluid into intake, fires right up, then dies. Usually means fuel pump bad but that would be very fast defect.

other suggests?

Maybe the inertia switch might have tripped with the angle of the vehicle. That would shut the fuel pump off... Just a first guess.
Good luck.

Campnham,thanks. was about to bypass when safty switch I got help and got ot out. Was about to bypsss inerciai when help came. pretty sure it's the fuel pump.

Back