• Register Today It's free!

Nerf Bars??

Tomarob

Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Sport
Looking for 4" oval nerf bars for my 1999 ford explorer sport 2-door SUV, but can't seem to find any. Seems like most available ones are for 4-doors. Anyone know who might carry them?? TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you mean running boards?

Try to contact dee zee. I know they have 4" oval for the 2-doors.

Thanks guys, yes, I did locate those, and wouldn't mind the price so much if they were at least 'fit' for the vehicle (I'll have to measure the length of the rusting-out ones I have now). May end up having to go with them if no one else knows of any. Or settle for some 3" round, but hate to do that. Or maybe buy for the 4-door and cut the tail-ends off??, - - LOL

Unfortunately these trucks never had good aftermarket support, and it’s even less now that they are aged out.

Unfortunately these trucks never had good aftermarket support, and it’s even less now that they are aged out.
Yes, I'm just starting to learn that. Thanks for the help, though.

Just revisiting this one to say that I did end up going with 'DeeZee' set that was mentioned (thanks, Mbrooks420). It appears to be just about all that is available for this application, at least in 4". I only installed the passenger side one so far (several weeks ago), the driver's side rust underneath is bad enough to actually have 'voids' in spots where I need to attach, so that side will be a bit more of a project, once I get to it. I do like that I'm able to mount them several inches lower than the originals, making for a much more comfortable step-up. Anywayz, here's a pic . . .

sideboard.jpg

Back