Never heard a noise like this...very odd. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Never heard a noise like this...very odd.

bfcerny

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha, Ne
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport
I have a 2002 sport 4x4 with a 4.0L. I had it in the garage idling (with the garage door open!):D and I noticed a sound that was like...well let me explain it...
If you were standing in a long hallway with concrete walls and floors and somone was about 100 yards away from you and they dropped a large tupperware bowl and let it hit about 3 times and snatched it back up. It's a deep plastic tone almost like a childs drum that makes a sound very rapidly like three tones in a half a second and then nothing for ten minutes or so and then it does it again.
I wish I could explain the sound better but thats all I got. I really doubt that anyone ese has ever had this, but I thought I would ask. I thought maybe the W.W. fluid box was loose and would randomly have a low toned rattle, but thats not it.

ANYONE.....

Thanks

Hmm, odd. When my transmission "failed", I was in the garage and it sounded like someone dropped glass punch bowls... about 5. It was horrible.

Back