Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Adrenalin Sport-trac
Brought home our new toy tonight.
2016 White Platinum Sport
Moonroof, auto lift gate, all weather Mats, 2nd row buckets & NAV
To my surprise there was the remote start button on the fob and it worked.
I think this is standard when you get the Auto Lift gate!? (Which is s requirement with the 2nd row Buckets)

Love this beast!!
Mods coming: LED fogs, tint windows, painting brake calipers Red.

922E392A-9730-456F-8A78-C661A630581C_zpspqcj6wyv.jpg

3A93A6ED-09F3-46A1-9B67-CEABD9F8D20C_zpsijxx1v9q.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice Sport....good job!

Very nice Sport! Welcome!!!

Sweet looking ride. Enjoy the power.

Sweet ride. You'll find yourself looking for excuses to drive it around. Just wait 'til you break her in and get to open her up (without the traction control on of course lol).

I see they are starting to put the LED fog lamps in? Mine were halogen and I had to replace them with aftermarket LED ones. Aesthetically pleasing, but functionality leaves much to be desired. I wish I had a part number for the OEM LED bulbs

very nice, would like to see pictures when you get the calipers done.

Beautiful ride. Congrats! Keep the Mod pics coming. Smoked lenses maybe :D

Couple things Ive noticed in the last 24 hrs.
#1 ...The Moonroof screen flaps in the wind when the windows are down and really drives me nuts! If I put it all the way back its fine but then the sun comes beaming in through the moonroof and warms the vehicle. Small issue but a design flaw non the less.

#2 ... the mirror courtesy lights are really yellow! Needs cool white LEDs, are any available? Whats the bulb number? I looked online and didn't find anything.

Took some more pics today, no mods yet, but I will get on that this weekend.

IMG_1588_zpsqsavvtxy.jpg

I bought my LED puddle lamps from Daytime britelites. Also came with LED license plate lights. I love them and all my exterior lights now match with exception of halogen high beams (which I find myself not really having to use the high beams because of the LED's anyway)

I bought my LED puddle lamps from Daytime britelites. Also came with LED license plate lights. I love them and all my exterior lights now match with exception of halogen high beams (which I find myself not really having to use the high beams because of the LED's anyway)

thanks I'll look into it

Meanwhile I put in my XML2 Fog light LEDs
(Stock on DS in pic for comparison)

371AC79C-7D61-451D-AF12-8E746EC3B495_zpsvgdf25vd.jpg

I ordered the set today, thanks for the advice!
Also ordered the Ford Cargo mat (Behind 2nd row) and the NAV Screen protector.

Also hooked up the boat to see how the ExSport would squat...Not too bad!

2ACF6AC7-A06A-4D2C-9D1B-7C1EC07A9CE2_zpsbbdvdftx.jpg

I ordered the set today, thanks for the advice!
Also ordered the Ford Cargo mat (Behind 2nd row) and the NAV Screen protector.

Also hooked up the boat to see how the ExSport would squat...Not too bad!
Very nice looking setup.

Peter

Now that's envy. :) Looks great, I'm doing a search for the lights now. did the LED fogs last weekend, look great.

Will also need the screen protector.

Boat is next.... well, maybe next year. :) Still looking good UIN2IT

I guess this thread can officially be moved to the "Modded Explorer" section...Thanks to ecobeast for the recommendation. I got my LED puddle lights in. Along with the license plate LEDs

C465BFEF-D175-4EC5-BDFD-4AA3835F66F8_zpscns77aht.jpg

3B13F9E9-3D41-40D1-B923-4164162DF183_zps7h9w0uzm.jpg

Also got the windows tinted 35%, not as dark as I wanted...but it's legal

5ED2EC6B-0BC5-4C39-BF7E-8732FBDB7EE9_zpsgrsw2zno.jpg

2 questions:

1. I know that the later Explorers are coming with LED fog lights. Will they be the same fog light housing and just a LED bulb? Or will it be a new housing with the LEDS built in?

2. I've seen several people mention the "screen protector". Can some tell me where you are getting this item and why you feel it's needed?

2 questions:

1. I know that the later Explorers are coming with LED fog lights. Will they be the same fog light housing and just a LED bulb? Or will it be a new housing with the LEDS built in?

2. I've seen several people mention the "screen protector". Can some tell me where you are getting this item and why you feel it's needed?

The LED dogs will be/are now an option. Once they start hitting the market I think we will get mor on bulb vs housing.
The screen protector I got was fr Amazon. It gets rid of all the finger prints on the screen

Sweet set-up dude! I am green with envy.

I am glad the LED's worked out for ya. I love them on mine. I can always see people checking her out around dusk when I'm driving lol.

How much does the boat weigh? How does the Ex do towing it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet set-up dude! I am green with envy.

I am glad the LED's worked out for ya. I love them on mine. I can always see people checking her out around dusk when I'm driving lol.

How much does the boat weigh? How does the Ex do towing it?

Im waiting to put the required 1000mi on the ex before towing. I just hooked up the boat to see how bad it would sag with it on. The boat weighs 3950 with trailer.
Looking forward to pulling it to the lake soon enough though!

Back