New 2011 on dealer lot fair price? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 2011 on dealer lot fair price?

This irratates the $hit out of me. They paid the $ back. Its an American company that needed help.

But the government is still holding a bunch of stock that it will more than likely sell as a loss. I have an idea, what about GM buying back all of its stock for what my tax dollar funded government paid? Heck, throw in a little interest, and I'll call that paid back.

Since that will never happen, let's get back to the original topic of this thread...

I would be cautious buying a two year old car, especially one with well documented teething pains. Another thing that makes me wonder is why this car is still sitting around on the lot after all of this time?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This irratates the $hit out of me. They paid the $ back. Its an American company that needed help.

Incorrect. They still owe, have lost billions, screwed bond holders, investment funds, pentions and retirement accounts.

There are people that lost everything that they had invested in GM, and they will never see dollar one in return.

It irritates me that there are people that will attempt to over simplify and gloss over what actually happened and believe, even in the slightest, that GM paid it all back.

Just for your info:
The U.S. Treasury will remain GM's largest shareholder for now. U.S. officials have said unloading the entire stake is likely to take several years.
The stock price will need to rise by 47 percent to $48.58 ... for the U.S. government to break even on its follow-on stock sales.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/11/17/us-gm-ipo-idUSTRE6AB43H20101117

GM Closed today at $21.74 a share. I'll leave it to you to calculate the loss. It IPO'd @ $33 a share.

Wanted to give a long overdue update on this - I appreciate all of the feedback on this possible 2011 New on dealer lot that I was considering.

I ended up getting a used 2012 Limited FWD 2.0L Ecoboost with 301A, 2nd Row Buckets, 20" Polished Wheels, BLIS / Rear Inflatable Belt Pkg.

Even though I was never considering the Ecoboost option, I came across this 2012 that a business friend of my brother had with less than 9000 miles on it. He let me use it for a week risk free before deciding to buy it (the best test drive you could ask for!). I've had it since beginning of July and have been thoroughly enjoying it. I dont plan on towing anything so the Ecoboost has not been a concern and the mileage has been very good for an SUV this size................ especially coming from a 2005 Durango Hemi V8.

As for price, I did better than the new 2011 discounted and even better than other used 11/12's with comparable options.

Again I appreciate the feedback / suggestions this whole forum offers.

Congratulations, and of course we expect some pics of your new toy! :)

There is at least 10,000 worth of trunk money ( extra dealer incentive cash) to the dealer for that 2011.and now including the 2012s

What. Am finding out is the explorer depreciates incredibly fast, not because of the car itself, but because of ford. I.E. any dealer with 2012s on his lot right now is getting a 10000 kicker towards 2013 if he sells them right now.

2011 have way to many problems ........... Heck, my 2012 does as well. I would go with a 2013 if you are serious about an Explorer only.

i just bought a 2012 limited 4x4 with 302a, 2nd row buckets, tow package, dual panel moonroof, nav, 20" wheels and all weather mats for 43 800 with no KM'S on it. it had a msrp of 52 749. i was looking at a 2013 but couldn't pass this deal up.

They cannot sell the car for that price...I would see what the two year depreciation on the car is and offer them that price since the second you drive it off the lot that 2011 will depreciate 2 year instantly!

Clean retail for a 2011 is $34250, Average trade in is $29075

Offer them $35 and walk if they don't want to take it. Explain to them that they are trying to sell you a two year old car and the depreciation issues!

i just bought a 2012 limited 4x4 with 302a, 2nd row buckets, tow package, dual panel moonroof, nav, 20" wheels and all weather mats for 43 800 with no KM'S on it. it had a msrp of 52 749. i was looking at a 2013 but couldn't pass this deal up.
No KM's on it?? There had to be some. They drive it at the factory and they drive it to load up for transportation and then again at the dealership. Mine had 15 km on it.
I did a build on a 2012 Limited AWD, 302a, buckets, tow, moonroof and all weather mats. I included voice activated navigation ($700) and a second row console ($150) and it priced out at $51,864 and that includes $5,967 in Ontario sales tax of 13%. It shows a similarly equipped 2013 priced at $55,123 including tax.
I think you gat a fairly decent deal. I wish they all those discounts when I got my 2011 but then it was the initial roll out of the Explorer and they weren't on the lots yet.
Good luck.
BTW, welcome to the Forum finner. :wavey:

Peter

2011 have way to many problems ...........

Really?? Could have fooled me. The only problem I ever had with my 2011 Ex was the A pillar noise and it was fixed promptly and has never returned.
I know 4 other people here where I live that have 2011 Ex's and have never had a single problem or concern.

of course it had a few km's on it, 6 before we drove it the first time and 26 at delivery. it's a figure of speech. not sure what to tell you about how you did your builds but i have the window sticker in front of me. possibly more money to deliver out west? and in your build you missed the 600 for wheels. irregardless I'm not going to waste any more of my time debating the msrp of my ex, was just simply trying to say that there is good value in a 2012 right now.

Finner

of course it had a few km's on it, 6 before we drove it the first time and 26 at delivery. it's a figure of speech. not sure what to tell you about how you did your builds but i have the window sticker in front of me. possibly more money to deliver out west? and in your build you missed the 600 for wheels. irregardless I'm not going to waste any more of my time debating the msrp of my ex, was just simply trying to say that there is good value in a 2012 right now.

Finner
I assumed you had the standard 20" wheels but I guess they must be the polished aluminum which show as a $650 option.
I'm sure that delivery prices and discounts also vary depending on where the vehicle is delivered.
I agree that was a good price. I hope you enjoy the new ride. :thumbsup:

Peter

Peter
its my wife's truck, i have an 2011 f150 platinum that i love, that being said we have had it for a week and a half now and i drive it every chance i get. one of the best vehicles around to haul the two kids and all the stuff that comes with kids. we spent 10 months trying vehicles before she decided on the ex and we couldn't be happier.
Finner

2011 have way to many problems ........... Heck, my 2012 does as well. I would go with a 2013 if you are serious about an Explorer only.

Zero faults or issues with my 2011, zero since day one, even the mft and snc worked flawlessly

Back