For Sale - New 2nd Gen 5.0 Radiator (TYC) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale New 2nd Gen 5.0 Radiator (TYC)

New, unused, but has sat out of box in a (clean) barn with plugs over fluid ports. Some very small 'dents' in the cooling fins, but nothing that would affect operation. Comes with adapters and radiator cap, will cut off before shipping.

$50 shipped, OBO. PM for pictures

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Huh, interesting. My guess is its a two core then, but I'll take a look at it and get back to you

They came in early models(96-98 or so) as full core thickness, and later replaced by the half thickness versions. I bought one as a spare over ten years ago, and it's the half as thick version. I didn't know there were any choices then. I bought a full size version a while back for my best truck that should need it. The last one was from the original maker, Visteon I believe.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=jCTNgeQhE+Hlr8IOJeyocA==&id=410846614&m=2&search

5.0L; #XL2H 8005-CA - 2 core with turbulated tubes that allows the coolant to tumble which increases the effectiveness of the surface area - 2 core does the same as the 4 core (4 core no longer serviced)

:dunno:

I'd be interested if its the thinner one. A bit more room for an electric fan.

Would that one you posted in your link fit in my 98 5.0 awd ? Is it better then the stock one that came in mine ? Very interesting.

Would that one you posted in your link fit in my 98 5.0 awd ? Is it better then the stock one that came in mine ? Very interesting.
It will work for any 302 Explorer from 96-01. The thicker core is not needed unless the usage is very high Summer heat in traffic etc. These trucks have excellent cooling capacities, because the radiator frontal area is very large.

It will work for any 302 Explorer from 96-01. The thicker core is not needed unless the usage is very high Summer heat in traffic etc. These trucks have excellent cooling capacities, because the radiator frontal area is very large.

I notice on mine that when its cold out like 35* it has sooo much more power.When it hits 60* outside or more i loose like 20% power.It sucks.Then when its like 85* out i loose like 30% it seems.It just gets so heat soaked.I think my 20 year old radiator is just done.

That isn't the coolant at all. It is basically the air temperature entering the engine. Colder air is more dense, and the computer will alter the fuel given slightly, to match the ingested air(mass). So yes they feel stronger in cold weather.

That isn't the coolant at all. It is basically the air temperature entering the engine. Colder air is more dense, and the computer will alter the fuel given slightly, to match the ingested air(mass). So yes they feel stronger in cold weather.

I need that like every day tho ! LOL.Maybe i need a intercooler just for lower intake temps ? ha ha.I could just put a bag of ice on the intake before i got out !

Sorry, totally forgot to get back here... I believe it is the 2 core, is much thinner and looks like it's missing a 'row'.

Back